Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a Senior Writer to join our Publications team. Are you passionate about helping C-suite executives and other corporate leaders anticipate and plan for the most pressing challenges facing their organizations? If so, we encourage you to apply!
By illuminating new technologies, illustrating dynamic solutions, and promoting the importance of working with top talent, you will make Toptal’s publications the go-to resource for leaders seeking to develop a strategic vision across the next 5, 10, or 20 years! The Senior Writer will be responsible for producing high-quality, in-depth thought leadership content for elite audiences, providing insight into the growing trends that are shaping the future of business and our world.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Help define the strategic direction of our thought leadership publications, contributing to the development of their voice, tone, and style.
- Write interviews and profiles of thought leaders, influencers, public figures, subject matter experts, and top talent in a diverse array of fields, from business, science, and industry to entertainment and beyond.
- Draft deeply researched strategic commentaries on important issues and global trends, including advanced technologies, like blockchain or artificial intelligence; sustainability; and the future of work.
- Seek out opportunities to partner with and engage well-known thought leaders and influencers who can support our efforts to build the status and stature of Toptal’s brand in this space.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Understand the fundamentals of Toptal, our team, and what sets us apart.
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the suite of resources available to you.
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of the team and key stakeholders.
In the first month, expect to:
- Work with the Head of Publications to understand what an A+ Toptal article looks like and establish processes for ensuring top quality articles.
- Partner with the team to analyze and understand the function’s key KPIs, along with how these are monitored and impacted.
- Integrate yourself into the Brand Marketing team.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Have built pipelines of resources to stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments, and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
- Assist in developing an overall content strategy for our publications.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Regularly produce high-quality content that distinguishes and differentiates Toptal from the competition and drives deep, meaningful engagement from our audiences.
- Independently develop and launch comprehensive campaigns aimed at appealing to and engaging key audiences.
- 8 to 10 years of experience working as a writer or journalist, producing articles and features for a top publication.
- A strong portfolio of clips demonstrating relevant expertise in writing profiles, explainers, feature articles, and conducting interviews.
- A phenomenal eye for quality and an absolute unwillingness to compromise on your standards for an A+ article.
- An outstanding ability to explain complex concepts clearly.
- A passion for learning and an interest in immersing oneself in new and unfamiliar topics.
- The ability to work independently and develop ideas proactively.
- Openness to receiving direct feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.