Training Program Manager
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Program Manager of Experiential Learning, you will lead the delivery of Toptal’s talent success internship program. You will own the program and create a vision to provide software developers with paid hands-on experience as an extension of formal training in partnership with Toptal’s internal engineering team. You will be responsible for continuously driving enrollment, monitoring, and reporting on work-based learning activities and identifying opportunities to enhance the overall program value. You will lead the design and implementation of the program including the evaluation criteria, work processes, and defined learning outcomes. You will establish best practices for program management to ensure that high-quality and impactful work-based learning outcomes are delivered on time. You will be accountable to drive the delivery of OKRs and regularly share updates with cross-functional stakeholders. You will enjoy continuously working with talent and connecting them to ongoing opportunities that help them to obtain real hands-on work experience using a newly learned skill.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Lead the strategic design and development of the talent success internship program.
- Drive the end-to-end internship experience including placement, orientation, performance management, mentorship, and evaluation.
- Maintain the daily coordination, schedule, and delivery of the program.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to curate program content and performance support resources.
- Liaise directly with project managers, mentors, and software developers.
- Implement best practices for learning methodologies, techniques, and tools.
- Develop and administer assessments to measure program health and outcomes.
- Identify key trends and opportunities to improve the overall program value.
- Establish a strategy for learner engagement and retention.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of the program status.
- Ongoing promotion and marketing of the program.
- Logistical and administrative support as required.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal - meet the teams and people you will have long-term working relationships with.
- Partner with your manager to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, goals, and processes.
In the first month, expect to:
- Begin partnering with key stakeholders to learn about existing initiatives, including reviewing why they were launched, their strengths and weaknesses, and their impact.
- Define an operational excellence strategy for internship program delivery and evaluation.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Formalize the program structure, schedule, and process flow.
- Operationalize the program and begin the intake of interns into the program.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Graduate the first cohort of interns and measure the success of their experience.
- Deliver a comprehensive update to leadership regarding the successes and challenges of the program.
In the first year, expect to:
- Feel like you made the best decision of your career.
- Increase Talent Learning Program overall learner satisfaction and success.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working as a Learning Program Manager.
- Experience delivering or coordinating internship programs for a technical adult audience.
- Experience curating work-based assignments, onboarding, and conducting assessments.
- Experience with software development technologies, frameworks, and architecture.
- Proficiency in cloud computing including Google Docs, Google Slides, and Google Sheets.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and enrollment forecasting.
- Excellent project management and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to make informed recommendations.
- Exceptional understanding and delivery of customer service.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.