Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
The Video Producer/Editor is a curious and creative visual storyteller who is equal parts video project manager and hands-on video editor. You are just as comfortable planning and running a field shoot as you are opening Adobe Premiere and cutting a story from last week’s recording. A Swiss Army knife of content production, you’re able to manage an idea from concept to delivery, whether testimonials, animated explainers, or thumb-stopping social media posts. You make sure projects are scheduled and run smoothly, and adhere to expected timelines, budgets and creative vision.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- In this role you will plan and execute a wide variety of video productions as part of Brand Marketing, partnering with cross-functional teams throughout Toptal. Your responsibilities will span both the producer and editor roles and will include:
- With support from others on the Creative Team, own the video production process for your assigned projects, including concept development, filming, editing, sourcing footage, sourcing VOs, music selection, and text-on-screen animation.
- Hands-on editing of recorded material using a producer’s eye to enhance the content with supporting visuals.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with content writers and designers.
- Proactively identify, troubleshoot, and quickly resolve technical video issues and/or inefficiencies.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on video content production and post production processes, helping the Director of Video scope projects properly and manage client expectations.
- Work independently and in cooperation with Executive Producer, Motion Designer, and Graphic Artists.
In the first week, expect to:
- Learn the basics through Toptal’s thorough onboarding process.
- Study Toptal’s brand guidelines and visual language.
- Meet your colleagues in Design, Marketing, Content, and Production.
In the first month, expect to:
- Get comfortable with our processes and tools—and with working remotely across geographies.
- Partner with a designer and copywriter to produce social media posts.
- Review active projects and take over logistics and management responsibilities.
- Assume video editing for day-to-day needs and fast turnaround projects.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Complete a project from kick-off to delivery as lead producer.
- Curate and manage a directory of production and post-production vendors.
- Create and oversee new processes for casting talent for marketing initiatives.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Plan budget and manage logistics for a large-scale marketing campaign.
- Have established yourself as an organized, creative and helpful production partner to colleagues.
- Present ideas and work to leadership.
In the first year, expect to:
- Establish your reputation as a smart, creative, and inspirational video production expert.
- Inspire colleagues to continually advocate for world-class premium creative.
- 7-10 years of experience producing and editing both long- and short-form video.
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud suite of apps including Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Experience working in creative content production, particularly mobile-first short-form content for social media platforms.
- Firm understanding of the entire video production process.
- Strong creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated storytelling abilities; editing reel required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, passion for your craft, and attention to detail.
- Preferred familiarity with Frame.IO, motion graphics, Brand Marketing experience, field production planning & execution.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.