VP of Brand Marketing
As Toptal’s VP of Brand Marketing you will play a key role in shaping the brand of Toptal and ensuring that our vision of being the greatest talent company in the world is visible in everything we do. As a dynamic leader who sets high quality standards, you will ensure that the principles Toptal stands for are effectively communicated to all relevant audiences. You will be the authority, curator and decision maker when it comes to all aspects of the brand at Toptal.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with a team of senior leaders who will rely on you as the curator for all work output related to the Toptal brand. Public Relations, Events, Design, Content, Enterprise and Growth will all be functions that will count on you for your expertise and guidance.
As the leader of a multi-function team, which also includes responsibility for Publications, Events and Content Strategy, you will build a sense of cohesion and ensure there are sufficient processes in place for adherence to defined brand standards. The development and delivery of training, and implementation of systems to instill accountability, will be a large part of the position in order to ensure compliance with brand standards.
Your creativity, judgment, and extreme attention to detail will be the most critical factors for success in this role. While it’s important that you build and maintain processes for all teams to adhere to, we’re seeking to hire the person who will be the gatekeeper for quality at Toptal. You will be pushing the limits of what people believe is possible in regards to quality, and consistently upleveling them.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
Develop, refine and ensure frameworks, processes and policies related to brand are adhered to, and hold members of the organization strictly accountable. Partner with other Toptal functions including Public Relations, Events, Design, Content, Enterprise and Growth to fill their needs for content, images and video. Establish clear guidelines for brand identity and ensure brand consistency across all outlets. Ensure the quality and effectiveness of brand content. Build and effectively manage the senior leadership team for the Brand Marketing function. Ensure consistent strategic and tactical alignment throughout your team by establishing ambitious Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) for the brand function. Establish required levels of competency and governance processes to ensure others can operate independently, while adhering to your strict standards for quality. Drive and push the limits of creativity with everyone in the organization, ensuring that we’re always challenging the upper limits of what we can do to amplify our brand and embark on forward-thinking marketing campaigns.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Meet with leadership from all Brand Marketing teams.
- Meet with key executives to understand their perceptions of Toptal Brand and its importance to their success.
- Understand the fundamentals of Toptal’s Brand Marketing operations and what sets us apart.
- Learn about the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and goals that have been set forth for your function.
In the first month you will:
- Meet with other Executive Leadership Team members to obtain an overview of our business, team structures and needs.
- Refine the OKRs, and associated roadmaps for the brand marketing function, with your senior leadership team.
- Work with Toptal’s CEO to understand the initiatives and relationships that are key to your success.
In the first three months you will:
- Build and begin executing upon frameworks, policies and processes to meet strategic objectives and ensure quality.
- Perform a comprehensive quality audit to reveal gaps in brand adherence.
- Work with analytics to define/solidify performance success metrics and related targets for all functions.
- Create solid training, containing clear guidelines for consistency with brand identity, for your functional employees and others across Toptal that leverage our brand.
In the first six months you will:
- Deliver training and execute upon processes to ensure adherence to brand standards.
- Close major gaps revealed through the quality audit.
- Execute upon Brand Marketing functional and team Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and initiatives outlined in your roadmaps.
In the first year you will:
- Achieve recognition as an expert at the company for your areas of responsibility within the Brand Marketing function.
- Meet/exceed stakeholder expectations for delivery of content that meets world-class standards.
- Have strong infrastructure in place to ensure quality and consistency across all activities and deliverables within the Brand Marketing function.
- You must be extremely driven by the prospect of building a high-performing Brand Marketing function that scales with Toptal over time.
- Strong professional background leading a successful teams, including direct experience developing and executing marketing strategies, content development, communications plans, and overseeing 360 campaign creation (including video, OOH/print, email, events, websites, digital, social, etc.).
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to motivate, coach, and hold teams accountable to produce extraordinary high-quality results.
- Experience developing strategy for a multi-faceted Brand Marketing function and the establishment of team objectives and key results.
- Experience with the nuances of different forms of marketing tactics and how to adapt messaging and design to each form.
- Experience delivering marketing content (case studies, white papers, etc.) for B2B professional services is preferred.
- Ability to establish processes in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution, quality and extreme attention to detail.
- You must be a self-starter with initiative and drive, capable of executing rapidly with limited strategic direction.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality and an unwillingness to compromise on high standards for both messaging and design.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate with individuals across a variety of functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor first and foremost to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.