Verified Expert in Design
Mike works as an independent consultant with businesses, organizations, and agencies on a global scale to help them define, design, and validate meaningful, memorable products and services that exceed their business requirements and, most importantly, meet their users' needs. His services include design sprints and innovation workshops, UI/UX design audits, UI/UX design, and instant product design feedback calls.
UX/UI Design and Front-end Mentor
Bloc | Online Coding Bootcamp for Developers and Web Designers
- Mentored up to 22 UX/UI design students 1-on-1 from 11 different countries remotely during an immersive 36-week online boot camp. Founded in 2011 in San Francisco, Bloc was one of the world’s first bootcamps and the first to be 100% online. Since then we’ve helped thousands of students achieve their goals.
- Maintained a track record of mentoring students who have landed jobs at companies like, Google, Facebook, and new exciting startups.
UX/UI and Product Designer | Consultant
Mike Dekker | UX/UI and Product Designer
- Worked for a variety of clients including Adobe, MTV, Nike, Nickelodeon, and the Red Cross.
- Worked on user research, user flows and sitemaps, wireframes, prototyping, user interface design, and user testing.
- Gave no-fuss advice and independent, detailed feedback at any stage of a product or service.
- Offered practical, actionable advice for beginners and seasoned designers alike.
UX/UI Designer | Digital Art Director
Longtail—The Full Service Digital Agency
- Handled and was responsible for the concepts, designs, and art-direction for digital ad campaigns for a variety of clients; this included mobile apps, websites, and games.
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Conceptualized and designed visually stimulating, interactive, and memorable consumer experiences like websites, apps, and offline support materials.
Junior UX/UI Designer
- Conceptualized and designed entertaining, engaging, and educational interactive educational experiences; including games, websites, and interactive museum exhibits.
Teacher | Digital Design, Video Editing, Sound Design
- Created and held workshops in digital design for children and adults. Digital Playground offers programs appropriate to each secondary school year and educational level.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication and Multimedia Design/Graphic Design
Willem de Kooning Academy - Rotterdam, Netherlands
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Fine Arts
Sint Joost Academie Breda - Breda, Netherlands
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Multimedia Design
Grafisch Lyceum Rotterdam - Rotterdam, Netherlands