Verified Expert in Design
Nick is a senior UI/UX designer with ten years of professional experience specializing in designing applications for startups. Nick believes that design is not about deliverables and beautiful pixels but solving problems and achieving business and user goals.
Senior Product Designer | Contract
- Designed the first version of analytics for Digital Adoption Solutions.
- Worked on redesigning the core Data Explorer experience.
- Contributed to the design system: reviewed existing components, introduced new ones, and worked with teams on the implementation.
Senior Product Designer
- Engaged with multiple stakeholders, including product managers, engineers, and other designers, to bring concepts to reality at every stage of development.
- Built a brand identity, including colors, typography, logos, and other assets.
- Delivered marketing materials, including site design, presentations, white papers, and case studies.
- Designed from scratch a complex enterprise business intelligence platform for the payment industry.
- Collaborated closely with the leadership and the engineering teams on client projects and internal tools.
- Cooperated with other designers, engineers, and PMs to improve the internal platform and deliver new features.
- Designed user-friendly and mobile-first websites and applications using an end-to-end product design approach.
Co-founder | Product Designer
- Charged with all product design aspects, from gathering requirements and competitor research to running ideation workshops with the team, conducting design QA, and usability testing.
- Defined the overall concept and designed the overall experience of the two-sided marketplace.
- Constructed the overall visual direction of the platform.
- Designed the core elements of the critical platform components, such as onboarding, the inbox, and the notification system.
- Led team meetings and hired and managed fellow designers.
Lead UX Designer
- Designed all aspects of the multi-channel experience of eVote voting platform.
- Defined the core concept, designed core flows and interactions.
- Developed eVote's visual style across the web and mobile platforms.
- Designed iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android mobile applications.
- Created high-fidelity wireframes, screen flows, and specifications.
- Built creative concepts, sketches, diagrams, and storyboards for stakeholders and developers.
Senior UI/UX Designer
- Constructed user experience of an entire platform.
- Worked directly with developers and testers to make design ideas happen in code.
- Crafted a new visual design for the Strevus applications.
- Defined UI/UX guidelines, a form wizard, and templates for converting IRS tax forms into a digital format.
Founder | Lead UX Designer
- Acted as head of a team of designers which was responsible for the overall branding concepts.
- Led and designed the product and strategy development.
- Gave and managed the art direction.
- Managed the communications with clients and customers.
- Designed the user interfaces for iOS and web applications.
Lead UX Designer
- Head-hunted, interviewed, hired, and trained the new designers.
- Gave art direction and provided competitive analysis.
- Developed the mobile apps interface design: wireframing, visual design, flow, and the interactive prototypes.
- Negotiated with clients and did requirements gathering.
- Worked with stakeholders to understand their customers and build business models for creating design solutions to further those goals.
- Defined the architecture, navigation, user flows and experiences, and information and interaction designs that effectively and directly solve customer needs.
- Produced creative concepts, sketches, diagrams, and storyboards for stakeholders and developers.
- Created design solutions that address business, brand, and user requirements.
- Collaborated with web developers to deliver the final product.
Bachelor's Degree in Media and Communication: Visual Culture
European Humanities University - Vilnius, Lithuania
Completed Credits towards a Bachelor's Degree in Multimedia Design
Institute of Modern Knowledge - Minsk, Belarus
Completed Credits towards a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing
Belarus State Economic University - Minsk, Belarus
Design Thinking: The Ultimate Guide
Interaction Design Foundation