Verified Expert in Design
Ryan is an award-winning lead product UI/UX designer with more than six years of hands-on experience. He has worked with multiple government agencies, international non-profits like United Way and Etopia, and over 100 startups and small businesses to meet business goals and users' needs through innovative, user-friendly product design. Ryan's mission is to produce accessible, impactful, and engaging products and experiences, focusing on seamless user experiences.
SHL US - Main
- Redesigned a human resource management tool primarily addressing its accessibility, responsive design, and API integration with Zoom for a large human capital management company.
- Documented a robust heuristic valuation of the existing solution and developed a scope of recommendations.
- Partnered with the product owner to strategize and prioritize deliverables to be presented to the team's major stakeholders.
- Designed high-fidelity prototypes for user and concept testing.
Senior UX Analyst
Wait What Inc
- Ran a heuristic analysis on the existing application to identify usability and accessibility issues.
- Facilitated the development of the product roadmap with all major stakeholders using a combination of heuristic findings, UXR, and an impact effort matrix.
- Championed the redesign of their UI guidelines and design system for the application.
- Led user research and ran usability tests for onboarding and the content experience with potential users.
- Redesigned the UI for the onboarding experience, user listening experience, and all content pages within the mobile application.
- Prepared requirements and documentation for the handoff to developers.
- Facilitated design sessions with all major stakeholders, ensuring business and product goals were aligned before kickoff.
- Ran a heuristic analysis of the existing application to identify pain points, usability issues, accessibility issues, and limitations of the products to clarify the new design direction.
- Created user stories, empathy maps, and user journeys based on the user research and profiles identified.
- Designed wireframes for the design direction to clearly show how we would address user problems before going into mid to hi-fi designs.
- Built mid to hi-fi design iterations for testing using the new suggested design guidelines.
- Carried out concept and usability testing for mid to hi-fi designs with four to five users of the current product.
- Created a hi-fi prototype of the entire application in Figma.
- Prepared requirements and documentation for handoff.
- Created a foundational design system and guidelines for the suite of applications.
UX/UI Designer | Multiple eCommerce Projects
Zappos, Inc. - Main
- Championed designing the foundation for the new Zappos At Work B2B solution, focusing primarily on branding, accessibility, responsive design, and establishing the base for their new design system.
- Designed and optimized responsive landing pages for the primary B2B end users to generate interest in their new offerings, driving them to a funnel.
- Led accessibility testing to ensure the best possible proximity to AAA WCAG compliance across all devices.
- Designed an iOS prototype and assisted in the presentation design that led to partnerships with companies like Delta, American Airlines, Starbucks, and American Express.
- Led design workshops to take the Web 3.0 solution from ideation through UX research to hi-fi prototyping and handoff.
- Created a design system for the brand and digital UI that was published to the company's files, componentized, and easy for future designers and developers to understand and edit.
- Developed user flows and customer journeys for the product to clarify their target audience and demographic.
- Presented unique B2B solutions based on research and insights for which I designed web app MVPs that assisted in the major partnerships mentioned above.
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Designed a unique team management solution and web application using modern data visualization methods to track and improve performance. This was the determining factor in closing a 4-million-dollar contract for three years.
- Developed user research plans, ran user research via online calls, and led user research synthesis via Dovetail and FigJam.
- Created user journeys after research, which ushered us into wireframing and ideation for potential solutions.
- Designed an MVP web application encompassing team management, data visualization, administrator oversight, and event management.
- Designed an MVP mobile application for 24/7 operators for gamified and more user-friendly incident management.
Lead Visual Designer
The Kraft Heinz Company
- Championed the visual design for both the iOS and Android applications for the company's live cooking class services.
- Improved and developed the product's information architecture from ideation to completion and tested task flows and user flows.
- Led rapid wireframing and prototyping from wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes.
- Championed design workshops and user research, running user tests on the products signup and onboarding using Maze while leading competitive analysis and reporting.
- Led accessible design critique and testing, redesigning and optimizing the product's usability and accessibility for the broad user base.
Lead Product Designer
- Led the brand discovery and design workshops to bring the product idea to life and developed a clear roadmap from user research to the final product for testing. The brand discover blueprint is now an asset the company uses daily.
- Managed competitor research and reporting to identify gaps and opportunities in the given market.
- Facilitated and led design sessions to create greater alignment amongst the team members, leading to company buy-in on the approach moving forward.
- Designed and developed the marketing messaging and assets for the responsive website, iOS and Android app, and AppStore marketing optimization.
- Championed user testing leading to major improvements in the products conversion rates from 3% to 9% in 2 months.
Product Design Lead | Creative Director | Startup Co-founder
- Implemented the design thinking methodology to take the B2B2C edtech. from ideation to product design and development. The responsive web app was built to address the needs of four different users including government admin, schools, teachers, and students.
- Conducted competitive and comparative analysis, user interviews, synthesized results, and defined requirements for the product in different stages to validate user experience and business sustainability.
- Led brand strategy and product design sessions to align the company's stakeholders, developing a blueprint structuring and simplifying the vision of the brand and its services.
- Championed logo design and brand guidelines through an iterative and collaborative process while maintaining the determined brand messaging and vision.
- Crafted a complete design system using the atomic design methodology, leading to an award-winning user interface and experience.
Creative Head | UX/UI Lead | Agency Co-founder
The Client Catchers Ltd.
- Led product design for dozens of projects including B2B, B2C, SaaS, health, travel, food, education, and retail, serving inspiring startups and established corporations by following a user-centered approach, intensive design thinking, prototyping, and testing.
- Guided the product design (UI/UX for a responsive web app) of the Ministry of Transportation of Trinidad and Tobago, targeting a user-base of 700 thousand citizens on the new traffic updates and systems, noticed as the most effective government initiative of 2019.
- Championed the development of the digital brand identity and responsive web design for the largest cricket organization in the Latin American and Caribbean region.
- Led the training of persons with special needs from the National Centre for Disabilities to design and develop websites from scratch, as a means of providing them with job opportunities.
- Championed UI/UX improvements to existing products of the largest nonprofit in Latin America (mobile app and responsive web) leading the entire product cycle—from concept to final execution while working hand-to-hand with PMs and engineers.
- Designed specific outputs for different industries, included mockups, interactive products, heuristic evaluations, user personas, empathy maps, multi-variant testing, interactive prototypes, animations, and videos.
UX/UI Designer and Developer
Matthew Gambrell Corporation
- Led brand discovery sessions for a team of six to develop brand identity and design guidelines for the company, including typography, content, design system, iconography, logos, and digital products.
- Championed the production of an online course including funnel creation, content development, and CRO, leading to a massive two-week sales total of 90 thousand USD with a conversion rate of 7% and profits exceeding 500%.
- Worked as the sole product designer and developer for the expansion of the companies brand, developing four different responsive websites offering 20+ services, managing a team of 12 persons.
Junior Product Designer
Beids by Chuff
- Led the brand discovery for a company of four, developing the brand identity and guidelines which led to the crafting of the logo, brand strategy, and company vision.
- Championed the development of social media content and the management of social media marketing increasing sales by 200% by Q2.
- Designed and developed a responsive WordPress website for the company and led SEO strategy and implementation leading to an increase in brand engagement by 72%.
UX/UI Design Foundations
The Ultimate Figma and UI Masterclass
CSS for Designers
Designing for Accessibility
Google UX Design Specialization
Foundations of HTML
Foundations of CSS