Vice President, Special Situations Group
2006 - 2010
American Capital, Ltd.
- Served as an investment professional for buyouts and financings of distressed middle market companies for private equity firm with $12 billion under management.
- Managed teams of associates, attorneys, accountants and other professionals to close 11 buyouts and financings.
- Led the deal team for a $21 million senior loan to a bankrupt fourth-generation fine art gallery specializing in Early American art. Managed due diligence, drafted term sheets, negotiated credit agreements for debtor-in-possession loan. Coordinated multi-party negotiations for reorganization.
- Orchestrated a $40 million bargain purchase of 160-year old producer of sugar and chocolate products. Negotiated deal terms and purchase agreement. Managed all aspects of due diligence, financial modeling, capital structure and transition. Terminated pension plan and revised union contract. Replaced 9 of 11 executives.
- Served as deal team leader for buyouts of three manufacturers of precision machined aerospace engine components involving domestic and international facilities totaling over $150 million. Managed all aspects of due diligence, industry research, site visits, and customer calls. Negotiated term sheets, purchase agreement, non-compete agreements and other contracts. Created a merger model and integration plan.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Corporate Finance, Debt Restructuring, Debtor & Creditor Management, Subordinated Debt, Convertible Debt, Equity Financing, Private Equity, Growth Equity, Debt Workouts, Debt Structuring, Bank Debt Raises, Senior Secured Debt, Private Equity Valuation, Credit/Debt, Pricing Strategy, Capital Structuring, Junior Capital, Acquisition Accounting, Working Capital Management, Budgeting, Recapitalization, Term Loans, M&A Modeling, Cash Flow Modeling, Financial Modeling, Leveraged Buyout Model, Transaction Modeling, Credit Risk, Transaction Structuring, Bank Covenants, Valuation, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Investment Thesis, Investment Memoranda, Credit Investing, M&A Earn-out Agreements, Market Research, Financial Restructuring, Expense Reduction, Valuation Analysis, Rollups, Debt Raises, Credit Underwriting, Due Diligence, Cash Flow Forecasting, Investment Portfolio Management, Cost-benefit Analysis, Cost Reduction & Optimization, Capital Expenditure Planning, Revenue & Expense Projections, Asset-based Lending, 13-week Cash Flow, Pro Forma Financial Statements