Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Masa is a collaborative, proactive, and pragmatic leader who believes strategies are living organisms that must adapt to thrive. Global, cross-functional initiatives he led remain successful for 5+ years across a variety of sectors, from pharmaceuticals to fine arts, to adtech, to private equity, to media and entertainment, to count a few. His results include an 87% reduction in operating costs, a new revenue stream that beat projections by 41%, and various successful new market entries.
Executive Pitch Deck Prepared in Five Days for an Unfamiliar Sector
Launch and Rapid Growth of a New Business in the EU and US
Executive Summary Deck Prepared in Less Than Two Months
Management Consultant | Business Strategy, Business Transformation, Program Management
- Liaised between the C-suite, stakeholders, and vendors to devise and deliver global strategic initiatives that boost revenues, productivity, and efficiency through business transformation, business process reengineering, and systems implementation.
- Formulated and iteratively delivered a transformative strategy for the medical content and training group at Daiichi Sankyo, a major Japanese pharmaceutical organization partnered with AstraZeneca, Merck, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and others.
- Advanced Gagosian's organizational productivity and efficiency by replacing legacy locally installed software with Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365). Delivered the first phase of the global implementation on time and 14% under budget.
- Advised a stealth mode Art-Tech company leveraging Web 3 technologies for its product roadmap and business strategy.
- Advised a luxury executive in Web3/NFT/blockchain strategies with an estimated 10%+ CAGR despite market contraction.
- Spearheaded a global business transformation and change management initiative for Phillips. Liaised between the C-suite, stakeholders, and vendors to realign business rules and processes, ensuring a seamless transition from JDE to NetSuite.
Managing Director | Director of Strategy
- Strategized with the founders, tuning roadmaps and leading global teams to amplify Music Traveler, a rehearsal space, lessons, and equipment marketplace platform endorsed by Billy Joel, Hans Zimmer, and John Malkovich.
- Pivoted strategies rapidly in response to COVID-19 and the Ukrainian crisis by helping launch a Patreon-like service for musicians and leveraging the Music Traveler marketplace to accommodate temporarily displaced Ukrainians.
- Charted go-to-market strategies that developed inventory in 15+ countries and generated 270,000+ Facebook followers in year one.
- Extensively researched the highly fragmented market, assessed TAM/SAM/SOM, Customer Acquisition Costs (CAC), and Lifetime Values (LTV), modeled revenue forecasts, and devised strategic/organizational plans.
- Refined revenue goals and devised operational plans in parallel with technical development milestones for the initial launch and ongoing improvements to the platform.
Acquis Consulting Group
- Formulated global go-to-market strategies for the CEO and President of AppNexus: a Silicon Alley ad-tech startup. Created frameworks to continually evaluate opportunities.
- Increased efficiencies by systemizing a structured yet flexible program management methodology for Agile improvements to business/sales operations (BizOps/SalesOps) processes and SFDC.
- Devised and executed strategies for a post-revenue recreational services startup recognized by Google as a category leader.
- Assessed and developed a relaunch strategy for a customer loyalty program at Zoetis, a leading animal health organization under Pfizer.
Vice President | Project Manager (Global Portfolio and Program Management)
- Solved unique business challenges that baffled teams from McKinsey and Oracle by driving thought leadership and leading global cross-functional programs as an intrapreneur within a centuries-old organization.
- Spearheaded a COO-priority initiative to convert a cost center into a revenue stream. Delivered on time despite aggressive timelines and unexpected resource constraints due to the 2008 financial crisis. Revenues beat initial projections by 41%.
- Launched the first-ever auctions for Christie's in Shanghai and Mumbai by leading multidisciplinary teams across six time zones.
- Gained 87% in cost savings by designing and leading COO-sponsored global shipping and inventory management initiatives.
- Proposed and directed US team budgets (around $3 million) in coordination with the CIO. On or under budget every year.
- Recruited, coached, and directed a team of project managers, business analysts, and developers for global initiatives. Pragmatically applied SDLC/Agile best practices while ensuring organizational and individual goals were achieved.
Corporate Director for Revenue Management Systems
- Optimized revenue reporting accuracy and eliminated critical flaws in a new CEO-mandated global sales strategy.
- Boosted group productivity (around $200MM in revenues) by simplifying processes and leveraging existing systems.
- Initiated, planned, proposed, and implemented a data standardization and duplicates elimination initiative for 70,000+ client account records. Developed post-clean-up methodologies for data maintenance.
- Worked with the National Sales Organization in developing processes and performance metric methodologies following a new corporate strategy in account management and provided training as necessary.
- Helped launch a customer survey program for clients that have held events at Loews properties as a part of the new, corporate-wide sales incentive program.
Business Strategy | Program Management Consultant
- Optimized pharmaceutical sales systems as part of Pfizer's "Adapting to Scale" program that reduced costs by around $800 million.
- Formulated a leveraged buyout (LBO) strategy for a private equity firm seeking to maximize IMG's underutilized brand assets.
- Accelerated capital-raising efforts for a general illumination LED technologies consultancy prior to widespread adoption. Identified potential investors, facilitated investor discussions, and prepared detailed market analyses and financial projections.
- Bolstered US initiatives for Japanese industrial technology organizations seeking international expansion. Assisted OMRON in submitting an RFID implementation proposal to WalMart and assisted Nojitech in UL certification and marketing its patented systems.
- Devised innovative digital transformation strategies for clients such as Golf Digest, E.W. Scripps, and Cravath, Swaine & Moore to transition online.
- Improved sales automation and program-scheduling applications for A+E, MTV/Showtime, and Discovery Channel/BBC America.
Senior Consultant for the Media and Entertainment Unit
- Led Accenture’s global rebranding initiative as one of five project managers liaising across global teams. Given the fixed delivery date, effectively minimized scope creep.
- Ensured timely and accurate delivery of finished products by leading international project teams consisting of content owners, producers, internal IT groups, and external technology vendors in Asia, Europe, and the U.S.
- Communicated system changes and issues to all levels and coordinated testing of system modifications.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
London Business School - London, UK
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Columbia Business School - New York, NY, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Psychology and Human Factors Engineering
Tufts University - Medford, MA, USA
Introduction to Generative AI
Data Science Professional Certificate
Mental Health First Aid
National Council for Behavioral Health
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring