Head of Platform Product Management - Platform, Data & AI2021 - PRESENTAccruent
- Built a three-year vision and 18-month platform roadmap for the buildout of Accruent's data platform, common component strategy, and integrations strategy. Each element is in service of creating monetizable data and insights product offerings.
- Developed product roadmaps for three separate platform products with market analysis and revenue projections contributing $50mm+ in new revenue.
- Delivered, in coordination with the enterprise architecture, a common data model design that enabled interoperability and eased integration to the Accruent platform as well as its portfolio products.
Product, Strategy, and Execution Consultant2009 - PRESENTBIG
- Developed strategy with PepsiCo and their eCommerce division to expand D2C and direct B2B offerings for Gatorade.com and related brand sites via Toptal in 2021.
- Defined and delivered robust enterprise API product strategy and portfolio to enable analytics startup AirDNA to engage enterprise prospects.
- Yielded $500k in the first two months after launch and tracking at $10 million by year two, effectively doubling revenues.
- Streamlined DevOps provisioning of dev enablement via self-service interfaces/automation, developed catalog for asset reuse, and implemented AI/ML low code app development platform for a primary US healthcare insurance provider via Toptal in 2020.
- Established various strategies, including product management processes, strategic partnership, SEO, and audience acquisition for a media startup SDxCentral, growing the audience by 22% in three months in 2018.
- Advised as an industry expert on multiple topics for Guidepoint Advisors, a research firm advising private equity investors on industry and technology trends from 2017 till the present.
- Delivered an annual revenue growth that exceeded $10 million by advising both on product functionality as well as the product management process and execution for eCommerce and affiliate marketing platform ClickBank from 2013-2014.
- Created a newsroom-and-operational workflow efficiency with gains exceeding 30%. Led the Denver Post in program management and execution of an enterprise-wide converged CMS implementation and product redesign from 2010-2011.
- Established a new $8 million line of business, a scalable interactive practice, through strategic consultation, partnership development, and execution for legendary brand and design agency Genesis, Inc. from 2009-2010.
Vice President of Product Management2019 - 2020Redeam
- Established the company's first true product management processes and artifacts including road mapping, biweekly product review meetings, structured prioritization methodology, product intake process, standardized artifacts, and launch checklists.
- Delivered the first of its kind, independent channel management platform with API, UI, and mobile app interfaces transforming the tours, activities, and attractions vertical of the travel industry and how they connect with resellers.
- Led delivery and incremental improvement of enterprise integrations with Google, Disney, Groupon, Expedia, TripAdvisor, GetYourGuide, Trip.com, and others yielding 4x growth in revenues, opening resale opportunities improving gross margin 3x-4x.
- Delivered the key feature of timed-ticket support by expanding the segment of the total addressable market opportunity for non-API connected operators and channel partners—approximately 60% of the market.
- Delivered an external validation API allowing technically sophisticated operators to incorporate validation tech into their reservation/ticketing systems, streamlining gate and back-office processes to improve the guest experience.
- Delivered "Reserve with Google" program integration enabling the purchase of activities and attractions within Google's experiences (specifically maps and search results. Yielded over $2.6 million in Disney World ticket sales even during the pandemic.
- Enabled over $85 million in sales in tickets, passes & reservations in 2019 with 3x pre-pandemic projected growth for 2020 and 7x for 2021.
- Pivoted product strategy to eliminate a hardware-based redemption model to reduce costs and simultaneously enabled a touch-less redemption technology.
Director of B2C Product Management (Dice.com)2018 - 2019DHI
- Guided the team through an SEO initiative to strategically improve Dice’s organic traffic and search engine visibility, resulting in a more than 180% improvement in organic traffic and "Page 1" positioning for top 50 keywords and top 50 geographies.
- Championed a Google-for-Jobs integration and optimization allowing Dice to further dominate Google search results placement.
- Drove the mobile app roadmap of new capabilities and delivered major versions of both Dice and eFinancialCareers, yielding an 18% engagement increase in Dice and 83% increase in MAU for eFinancialCareers within FY ‘18.
- Created and structured new managed services offerings and the "Matchback" attribution analysis tools to penetrate direct employer markets resulting in 80% growth in direct employer segment.
VP of Product Management and Marketing2014 - 2018Olive Software
- Oversaw the strategic deployment of the digital content enrichment, CMS integrations, programmatic advertising, and distribution programs that delivered 22% gains in new and incremental revenue throughout FY' 15-'17.
- Increased prospect engagement by 47% through developing and launching demand generation strategy and programs that included thought leadership, best practices webinars, email drip campaigns, SEO, product announcements, digital ads, and more.
- Conceived and implemented strategic revenue programs that yielded over $150 million in revenue returns for Olive's publishing partners and 10%-14% annual incremental revenue gains for Olive Software starting in FY '15.
- Delivered an industry-changing content matching and enrichment platform merging print and native digital content in a highly intuitive experience, increasing digital engagement metrics by three times across digital print and native digital assets.
- Managed the build, release, and migration of the customer base to HTML5 products from Flash; self-hosted to multi-tenant SaaS cloud(from a mix of self-hosted and on-premise, and the update of native apps (iOS) to PWA (iOS, Android, and Kindle).
- Implemented a marketing tech strategy that included a website redesign and marketing automation platform with CRM integration for improved lead tracking and prospect engagement, increasing top-of-funnel lead conversion by 125%.
Director of Digital Product Management — News & Niche Products2011 - 2013MediaNews Group
- Established the PM discipline across the enterprise (75 daily, 300+ weekly/niche publications) and newsrooms as an innovation engine unifying strategy across the organization. Yielded 22% growth in key metrics (unique visits and page views).
- Streamlined the operations on multiple large-scale programs, products and projects, yielding a 33% decrease in operational expenditures by 38% and increasing revenue over $30 million year over year over year from FY 2011 to FY 2013.
- Led a team through a unified UI and UX redesign, ad map analysis/strategy, and technology implementation programs that increased web traffic by 23% and reader engagement by 25%.
- Defined and spearheaded the implementation of DFM’s Media Center and UGC strategies across DFM’s footprint that successfully engaged users, increasing site engagement metrics to 20+ pages per visit and 10+ minutes of time on the site.
- Established and rolled out content management and SEO solutions for nationally centralized newsroom "Project Thunderdome," allowing maximum content syndication and distribution to the publications and external partners.
Principal Software Product Manager2008 - 2009Weyerhaeuser
- Created and interoperability file format that enabled upstream and downstream value chain software applications, such as AutoCAD, lumber yard supply chain systems, automated panelization applications, etc., to interoperate.
- Advised on how to make their core software product into a SaaS-based platform application for better reach and streamlining incremental releases into their customer base and design centers.
- Created a plan for the modernization of core technology and incremental rollout to ease adoption.
Product Manager2005 - 2008Quark
- Initiated Quark's first SaaS-based offering and first B2C/non-pro targeted product, Quark Promote. Multiple services were later integrated into the Quark B2B/professional offerings portfolio to create a 2-sided marketplace and community ecosystem.
- Introduced new features to improve QuarkXPress web and interactive authoring functionalities and evangelized unique use cases via speaking engagements, user events, and webinars to improve their adoption resulting in unprecedented customer engagement.
- Led the analysis and reconfiguration of Quark's global pricing, improved international file sharing, and feature support in a highly competitive market against a very strong competitor (Adobe) resulting in an 18% growth in 2008 global license sales.
- Improved license control and transfer functionality to allow users self-service functionality in hardware updates, critical when Apple introduced a new Intel-based architecture. Reduced internal support costs by 83% and improved retention by 16%.
Project Manager | Senior Product Specialist2002 - 2005DexMedia
- Consulted and educated print advertising customers on digital advertising and eCommerce offerings (internal/external) as well as project managing their development and execution; also was responsible for over $7 million in new revenue in one year.
- Created new digital product offerings for the DexMedia portfolio that allowed them to leverage their local advertiser relationships and evolve their value proposition. These products became Dex's lead offerings as yellow pages' advertising declined.
- Introduced and streamlined team-account-management sales to product fulfillment and operations approach which improved delivery by 33%.
Director of Technology (BestHalf.com) | Manager of Internet Services (SCI)1999 - 2001BestHalf.com | Service Corp International
- Delivered early and under budget SCIs' online pre-arrangement capability, DignityMemorial.com, that yielded $150 million in new revenue its first year and over $400 million in year two.
- Led the development and rollout of BestHalf.com's business infrastructure and core product including business systems, collaboration tech, telecom platform, hosting environment, three offices, and full B2C portal product buildout in under six months.
- Established our web presence with a lead collection for SCI's multiple (12+) service brands, improving top-of-funnel prospect engagement by 55% and top-line revenue by 22%.