Hania B. Demai
Verified Expert in Product Management
Hania is an entrepreneurial strategist skilled in end-to-end product management with over six years of experience in financial services. Hania's expertise has enabled her to collaborate efficiently with technology teams and lead cross-functional teams using Lean and Agile. She also possesses extensive international experience, and much of that was done working remotely. Hania is passionate about building customer-centric product teams with an experimental and nimble approach.
- Helped startups and large corporations to conceive, build, and improve profitable, user-friendly, and innovative products.
- Assessed the existing strategy to identify key problems across marketing, product, and operations. Provided prioritized solutions with a roadmap and resource planning.
- Enabled the client to grow its platform by 50% in eight months.
Vice President | Senior Product Manager of APIs
Barclays Bank UK PLC
- Formulated the bank’s API product strategy and development across eCommerce, money management, and identity. Led the expansion of the developer portal to achieve scale and improve the user experience while ensuring compliance.
- Identified B2B and B2B2C revenue opportunities and priority features to achieve £120 million in revenue at scale.
- Served as a product lead for REST APIs across money management, identity, and payment optimizations; included product leadership and strategy, managing cross-functional stakeholders across teams to release and regularly engaging with CXO leadership.
- Led a team of five product managers with line management and hiring responsibilities; promoted three people.
- Drove the development of key capabilities—including pricing and billing engine, CRM, CMS, and more—and redesigned a market-leading developer portal for regulatory and commercial APIs.
- Formulated a 3-year roadmap to develop 40 features to achieve 8x growth of onboarded businesses and enable to reach £370 million annually in revenue over five years.
- Ran design sprints to go from research identifying market gaps to validation using experimentation techniques—e.g., prototyping, smoke testing, lean modeling—in partnership with third-party organizations.
Business Management Associate | Product Owner, Proposition Management
- Managed the strategy and product for several projects, including a global scale D2C digital wealth management proposition. All projects involved considerable stakeholder management in all areas across Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.
- Provided product management expertise for a B2B website: product roadmap, product vision, and value proposition.
- Conceived and delivered a retail website revamp using an agile delivery method. Led a team of developers and designers across Japan, mainland China, and India.
- Formulated a commercial API strategy for a Japanese B2C business.
- Launched a tool to capture and analyze customer feedback in client services to enable a more data-driven approach.
- Played a pivotal role in the development of an agile, global scale direct-to-consumer digital proposition.
Business Development and Digital Marketing Lead
- Implemented digital marketing initiatives and created the business development strategy for the Swiss market, working with technology and marketing and leading B2B/B2C direct sales activities.
- Formulated and implemented the digital marketing strategy using comprehensive data analytics.
- Increased lead generation and improved user engagement by devising the content management strategy.
- Overhauled the social media strategy to further increase visibility and user engagement.
Malian Ministry of Agriculture (PCDA)
- Provided expert advice and consulting services to the local food processing industry development in West Africa.
- Formulated appropriate business development strategies and shared business management best practices.
- Enabled businesses to identify business opportunities and areas for growth.
PearZest | Dating App
Led the rapid prototyping of a messaging-free dating app; it was a side project.
It was an innovative business model that charged venues, bringing in more customers.
Nileny | Social Entrepreneurship Project in West Africa
Spearheaded a social entrepreneurship project that took a unique concept of jewelry from Mali and redesigned it with the expertise of Swedish designers to create a new range of jewelry for sale throughout Europe.
Furthermore, I applied Lean principles to secure cost-effective partnerships with designers, photographers, and local artisans. Aside from the social aspect, the project goal was to learn by doing and apply lean startup and bootstrapping principles in a non-IT industry.
Wrote and produced a soon-to-be-released first album.
Skills involved: music production, Logic Pro X. Ableton, sound engineering, social media, music distribution, etc.
Master's Degree in Business Administration
Lund University - Lund, Sweden
Web Development Foundation Course
23 Code Street
Python Programming for Beginners Training Course
London Academy of IT
Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals
University of Virginia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring