Verified Expert in Project Management
Olamide is an Agile project manager with relevant experience in delivering digital strategy and implementation projects for organizations from diverse sectors, including but not limited to financial services, energy, consumer markets, media, and telecommunications. He is passionate about leveraging technology to solve enterprise challenges. As a result, Olamide has driven projects for the end-to-end implementation of mainstream and emerging enterprise applications.
Technical Project Manager
- Developed and refined detailed product requirements for delivering the hosting app's desktop, web, and mobile versions. Started from the ideation of product features based on customer needs and built requirements from there.
- Led a cross-functional team in the design, build, test, and deployment of product features, using Scrum as the implementation methodology. Instilled agile values in team members and organized issue delivery and resolution through agile ceremonies.
Medecins Sans Frontieres - Main
- Conducted a current state assessment of the organization's master data management practices and technologies based on one-on-one stakeholder interviews, document reviews, and workshops. Documented gaps, pain points, and improvement opportunities.
- Designed target state processes and technology architecture for master data management across all departments of the organization. Defined new workflow automation touchpoints and integration required across applications in the future state.
- Articulated business requirements and technical specifications for the implementation of a master data management solution by the data team of the organization. Requirements were very detailed and prioritized for clarity.
Publicis Spine - EMEA
- Led a team of over ten members comprised of architects, designers, system analysts, and marketing professionals in implementing a campaign management workflow application and digital asset management tool for a client in the manufacturing industry.
- Interfaced with cross-functional stakeholders to achieve project progress through the project's configuration, testing, and launch phases. Prepared weekly status reports and anchored project meetings, workshops, and training sessions.
- Accelerated project progress by putting several measures in place, such as the development of change control policies and cutover strategies, adoption of agile testing, and documentation and circulation of project artifacts among stakeholders.
- Documented requirements for implementing Salesforce Service Cloud and Salesforce Knowledge across the services, success, and support teams of Pluralsight, an online education company. Leveraged knowledge of Service Cloud for case handling.
- Developed support systems, e.g., Zendesk, and process walkthroughs for Pluralsight. Identified key gaps and automation opportunities across case management, knowledge base management, self-service analytics, etc.
- Participated in and contributed to Agile ceremonies with developers and designers to evaluate and plan the progress of sprints and epics related to the implementation and enhancement of the Salesforce application suite.
Senior Agile Project Manager
- Led the implementation of three integrated SAP projects, including SAP EHP 8.0 upgrade, OpenText vendor invoice management implementation, and solution manager improvement initiatives for a client in the energy sector using the scrum methodology.
- Directed a project for the evaluation of technical partners to implement a chatbot for a large bank. The project involved selecting technical partners to build a chatbot on conversational AI platforms such as Azure Bot, Amazon Lex, and IBM Watson.
- Provided direction to a team working on a technology landscape review project for a large telecommunications organization. The project involved assessing the current IT landscape and developing a blueprint for the client's technology landscape.
- Oversaw a review project on supply chain and procurement processes for an electricity distribution company. It included the review of electricity distribution contracts and policies for adequacy, gap identification, and recommendations.
- Managed a team providing target state architecture advisory for settlement systems in an African Reserve Bank. This involved analyzing the payment landscapes and systems across Africa to identify key challenges and achievements.
- Led the implementation of a core banking application (Finacle) and a treasury management application (Calypso) for a tier-1 bank using the Waterfall methodology.
Alteryx - Cloud Products Special Projects
- Developed a clear plan with timelines based on ISO 27001 and the Cloud Controls Matrix to review and document the client's cloud ecosystem for a self-service analytics company.
- Conducted a detailed assessment of the client's cloud ecosystem through document reviews and interviews.
- Documented findings in the form of policies and procedures across ten security domains. Leveraged extensive knowledge of technology risk, security, cryptography, identity and access management, cloud infrastructure, etc.
Online Freelance Agency
- Led a cross-functional team on a web and mobile development project for an eCommerce platform. Oversaw the entire project from idea and initiation to deployment.
- Developed thought leadership articles on the Internet of Things (IoT) for a software consulting organization.
- Provided IT strategy refinement services to a chemical manufacturer. These services involved assessing the current status of the IT landscape, identifying gaps, providing recommendations, and developing a roadmap.
- Created a detailed cryptocurrency launch strategy for a conscious business organization. Key elements of the strategy included corporate requirements, legal and regulatory factors, blockchain development, whitepaper documentation, and cost analysis.
Agile Project Manager
- Managed an implementation project of a data center colocation, ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics) and core insurance system for a leading insurance company across Nigeria and Ghana. Used Scrum and Kanban agile methodologies and Jira for project tracking.
- Coordinated a team in delivering a large-scale cyberinfrastructure hardening project for a leading bank. Key activities included conducting vulnerability assessments and remediation on the bank's IT infrastructure using the Kanban methodology.
- Guided a business processes redesign and automation project for a leading media organization. Major redesigned processes include media planning, media buying, digital management, human capital management, and finance management.
- Oversaw the IT environment integration for two large banks as a result of an acquisition. The integration involved a holistic consideration of all technology elements in both environments to identify synergies and minimize redundancies.
Senior IT Business Analyst
- Performed a technology risk assessment for a leading bank. The process involved reviewing IT controls, identifying gaps, and providing recommendations for remediation.
- Provided due diligence digital services for a leading fintech company. The project involved reviewing the client's technology landscape, identifying gaps and improvement opportunities, and providing recommendations.
- Conducted a post-implementation review for a leading bank. Key activities included assessing the core banking application's end-to-end implementation process and methodology for checking adequacy, identifying gaps, and providing recommendations.
- Led teams of two consultants in performing information risk assessments for four leading financial institutions. Tested general IT controls and application controls around business resilience and continuity, IT operations and access to data, etc.
Project Analyst and IT Business Analyst
- Coordinated a framework design project to implement an electronic document management system for a leading bank. Key activities included designing a model for content management governance, processes, and technology.
- Provided implementation advisory services for a leading bank in Kenya. This mainly involved reviewing, validating, and enriching the requirements for implementing a core banking application.
- Performed a digital readiness assessment for a leading stock exchange company in Nigeria. Key activities included assessing the readiness for emerging technologies based on employees' capabilities, IT infrastructure, and business processes.
- Conducted current state assessments of people, processes, and technology to develop a fit-for-purpose blueprint while performing digital strategy and solutions advisory for a leading FMCG company producing salt, sugar, and flour.
Systems Analysis for Pluralsight—a Global Online Education Company
Defined requirements and conducted process and systems analysis for the Customer Operations teams of Pluralsight—an online education company
Key processes analyzed for gaps and improvement include first-level case management, technical case management, customer satisfaction surveying, and knowledge base management.
Applications reviewed include Zendesk, Knowledge Owl, and Jira.
Elicited business, technical and integration requirements from the leaders and key personnel of the support team.
Documented and refined over 40 detailed requirements and user stories on Jira for epics related to the implementation of Salesforce technical and functional requirements, migration from Knowledge Owl to Salesforce Knowledge, and migration from Zendesk to Salesforce Service Cloud.
The current state assessment of business processes and documentation of Salesforce implementation requirements provided Pluralsight with the clear template required to enhance its customer support operations.
Business Process Redesign and Technology Options Advisory
Guided a business processes redesign and automation project for a leading media organization. Major redesigned processes include media planning and buying, digital, human capital, and finance management.
This involved eliciting information from over ten process owners on their various business processes, identifying gaps and providing recommendations, documenting business requirements for automation, and developing a business process mapping and blueprint document. This document incorporates technology touchpoints and automation using standard business process notation.
The business process mapping, blueprint, and requirements served as bases for the technology options to automate the client's business processes.
Enterprise Chatbot Solution Sourcing and Vendor Selection Project
Led a team in selecting an enterprise chatbot solution and technical partner to implement a fit-for-purpose chatbot solution.
• Analyzed the bank's processes and defined use case categories and channels for the chatbot's operation. Documented business and technical requirements from the use cases for the chatbot to cater to
• Conducted a build-or-buy assessment to determine the approach to sourcing for the chatbot.
• Devised a detailed approach for the selection process, including technical and commercial evaluations.
• Produced a long list of technical partners, chatbot, and shortlisted technical partners, including Microsoft for Azure Bot and an AWS partner for Amazon Lex.
• Designed evaluation criteria based on various parameters, for example, implementation team structure, solution capabilities vis-à-vis bank's requirements, etc.
• Created detailed RFP and RFQ and scored technical partners' responses based on evaluation criteria. Used Alteryx, Power Bi, and Tableau for data analytics and visualization.
• Facilitated assessment of technical partners' demo and presentation and analyzed scores to arrive at the best choice
Implementation of an ERP and Core Insurance Application
Managed the implementation of an ERP system and a core insurance application for a leading insurance company.
I prioritized tasks across the software development lifecycle for iterative delivery. These tasks included product walkthroughs for functional requirements, workshops for master data management, infrastructure, security and integration requirements, and test management. I used Jira throughout the project for team collaboration and issue tracking. I also facilitated agile ceremonies and workshops and documented key metrics, actions, and requirements for tracking. I coordinated change management activities and provided weekly status reports to executives and other key stakeholders. I used Alteryx, Power BI, and Tableau for data analytics and visualization.
The project resulted in 85% process automation in core business functions such as general underwriting, life underwriting, claims management, and financial control.
SAP Enhancement Package (EHp) 8.0 Upgrade
Led a technical upgrade of an SAP ERP system for a client in the energy sector.
I developed project artifacts such as the project plan and project charter, providing weekly progress reports to project team members and sponsors. I coordinated change management activities. I also facilitated meetings with technical consultants—ABAP and BASIS—to ensure the technical upgrade process was conducted accurately, seamlessly, and on time. Interfaced with functional consultants across core SAP modules—such as finance, supplier relationship management, and human capital management—to ensure functional and user acceptance tests were conducted appropriately.
The upgraded system provided the client with new and valuable functionalities across core modules of the SAP systems and prepared the client for the migration of their ERP to the cloud—SAP S/4HANA.
Implementation of a Vendor Invoice Manangement System
Successfully managed a project for the implementation of a vendor invoice management system for a client in the energy sector.
I developed project artifacts, including but not limited to a project charter, a value roadmap, solution requirements, etc. I also facilitated design workshops and documented and prioritized requirements for continuous delivery. A key requirement for the system was the optical character recognition (OCR) capability that enables it to detect handwritten or printed content in scanned documents and translate them into digital copies. I coordinated change management activities, providing weekly status reports to executives and project team members.
The project resulted in the 90% automation of vendor invoice management processes for the client.
IT Integration of Two Large Banks
Led the IT environment integration of two large banks as a result of an acquisition.
I managed a team of over 25 team members in the integration of the two banks' IT environments. I handled the project in close interface with team members from the functional, infrastructure, security, integration, data, test, release, and change management workstreams. I developed the project artifacts, such as the project plan and project charter. I coordinated project management activities and provided weekly progress reports to project team members and sponsors.
Key deliverables across the analysis, design, build, and transition phases included integration requirements, IT integration architecture design and delivery, and benefits tracking. The success of the integration project resulted in a myriad of benefits for the acquiring bank, such as enhanced market share, reduced cost of funds, and augmented operating efficiencies.
Cryptocurrency Launch Strategy
Delivered a detailed cryptocurrency launch strategy for a conscious business organization.
The document served as a blueprint used by the client for developing the coin.
The strategy also included corporate requirements, legal and regulatory factors, blockchain development, whitepaper documentation, and cost analysis.
Cyberinfrastructure Hardening for a Leading Bank
Delivered a large-scale cyberinfrastructure hardening project for a leading bank.
Performed a current state assessment of the bank's technology landscape to identify gaps and improvement opportunities.
Developed a cybersecurity strategy with detailed security governance, a process and technology blueprint, and a roadmap.
Conducted iterative vulnerability assessments and remediation for the bank's IT infrastructure using Nessus, Burp Suite, Nippa Studio, and CIS-CAT.
Provided weekly status reports to project team members and sponsors.
The successful delivery of the project exponentially increased the strength of the bank's cybersecurity landscape and, as a result, significantly minimized the success of cyberattacks.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Business Administration
HEC Paris - Paris, France
Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
Covenant University - Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria
Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
Google Cloud Certified: Professional Cloud Architect
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
Microsoft Power Platforms Fundamentals
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring