Verified Expert in Engineering
Jason is a full-stack developer with a keen eye for design and over a dozen years' experience. As a self-taught developer, his M.O. has always been to figure out the skills he needs to solve the challenges put before him and to meet them head-on, and he has never met a challenge he couldn't overcome. He does not miss deadlines, and he leaves a trail of happy clients and managers in his wake.
Sublime Text 2, Ubuntu, OS X, Windows
The most amazing...
...thing I've done recently is scale a UI to handle thousands of complex components at once.
EY Global Innovation
- Provided full-stack development on an internal web application built with Node.js, MySQL, React, Java, RabbitMQ.
- Developed a REST API in Node.js to surface complex domain types and transformations originating in MySQL database and multiple remote services via their REST APIs.
- Developed a React/Redux single-page application, utilizing single sign-on via SAML.
- Owned the database and node application.
- Developed and maintained CI/CD infrastructure for development, testing, and deployment to AWS.
Senior React Engineer
- Developed features using React, Redux, Ramda for internal application.
- Used Styled library to implement site look and feel via CSS-in-JS.
Software Development Engineer
- Maintained and improved an in-house front-end framework to maximize developer productivity and minimize latency on over 94% of Amazon.com retail website page views. Brought the four-year-old framework up to WCAG AA accessibility standards while reducing the overall file size.
- Contributed to the Amazon retail app, Prime Now app, FireTV, and numerous other cross-discipline platforms and internal tools at Amazon.
- Developed a web UI for virtual machine backup software using Python and Django.
- Contributed to visual design and mockups for two major versions.
- Extended Django's form system to handle infinitely-nested inline forms and support dynamic creation of said forms on the client.
- Scaled multiple rich UI components to handle datasets in the tens of thousands with rich, complex controls and business logic.
Interactive Media Manager
- Took sole responsibility for the design and development of marketing sites and internal tools.
- Coordinated with marketing teams to produce feature-rich information sites for a number of brands.
- Contributed to marketing efforts including copy writing, ad and billboard design, and campaign management.
- Created internal communication and media management tools to facilitate knowledge sharing and best practices.
- Created custom webcam software that helped reduce bandwidth and support more concurrent users.
Unitrends Virtual Backup
Redux, Django REST Framework, Django, AngularJS, Knockout (Knockout.js), Flask
React, jQuery UI, jQuery, NW.js, Node.js, Selenium WebDriver, Tastypie, Backbone.js, Underscore.js, Moment.js, Ramda
Adobe Creative Suite, Sublime Text 3, Sublime Text 2, CasperJS, Git, Subversion (SVN), Microsoft Visual Studio, Flash
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), UX Design, Object-oriented Design (OOD), UI Design, Asynchronous Programming
Windows, MacOS, OS X, Ubuntu, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux
Documentation, Writing & Editing
SQLite, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL
Undergraduate Coursework towards a Degree in English and Professional Writing
Kutztown University - Kutztown, Pennsylvania