Member since September 17, 2014
Jason is a full-stack developer with a keen eye for design and over a dozen years' experience. As a self-taught developer, his M.O. has always been to figure out the skills he needs to solve the challenges put before him and to meet them head-on, and he has never met a challenge he couldn't overcome. He does not miss deadlines, and he leaves a trail of happy clients and managers in his wake.
React/Node Engineer2018 - 2018EY Global Innovation
Technologies: Node.js, React, MySQL, AWS
- Provided full-stack development on an internal web application built with Node.js, MySQL, React, Java, RabbitMQ.
- Developed a REST API in Node.js to surface complex domain types and transformations originating in MySQL database and multiple remote services via their REST APIs.
- Developed a React/Redux single-page application, utilizing single sign-on via SAML.
- Owned the database and node application.
- Developed and maintained CI/CD infrastructure for development, testing, and deployment to AWS.
Senior React Engineer2017 - 2018Dubsmash
Technologies: React, Redux, Ramda
- Developed features using React, Redux, Ramda for internal application.
- Used Styled library to implement site look and feel via CSS-in-JS.
Software Development Engineer2015 - 2017Amazon
- Maintained and improved an in-house front-end framework to maximize developer productivity and minimize latency on over 94% of Amazon.com retail website page views. Brought the four-year-old framework up to WCAG AA accessibility standards while reducing the overall file size.
- Contributed to the Amazon retail app, Prime Now app, FireTV, and numerous other cross-discipline platforms and internal tools at Amazon.
Web Developer2012 - 2014Unitrends, Inc.
- Developed a web UI for virtual machine backup software using Python and Django.
- Contributed to visual design and mockups for two major versions.
- Extended Django's form system to handle infinitely-nested inline forms and support dynamic creation of said forms on the client.
- Scaled multiple rich UI components to handle datasets in the tens of thousands with rich, complex controls and business logic.
Interactive Media Manager2007 - 2011Peak Resorts
- Took sole responsibility for the design and development of marketing sites and internal tools.
- Coordinated with marketing teams to produce feature-rich information sites for a number of brands.
- Contributed to marketing efforts including copy writing, ad and billboard design, and campaign management.
- Created internal communication and media management tools to facilitate knowledge sharing and best practices.
- Created custom webcam software that helped reduce bandwidth and support more concurrent users.
- Unitrends Virtual Backup (Development)
UVB is virtual machine backup and replication software that empowers system administrators to manage and protect their entire virtual environment with one easy-to-use web interface.
FrameworksRedux, Django REST Framework, Django, AngularJS, Knockout.js, Flask
Libraries/APIsReact, jQuery UI, jQuery, NW.js, Node.js, Selenium WebDriver, Tastypie, Backbone.js, Underscore.js, Moment.js
ToolsAdobe Creative Suite, Sublime Text 3, Sublime Text 2, CasperJS, Git, Subversion (SVN), Microsoft Visual Studio, Flash
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), UX Design, Object-oriented Design (OOD), UI Design, Asynchronous Programming
PlatformsWindows, MacOS, Linux
StorageSQLite, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL
- Undergraduate coursework towards a degree in English and Professional Writing2002 - 2007Kutztown University - Kutztown, Pennsylvania