Senior AR Developer2016 - PRESENTAltered Reality Corporation
Technologies: iOS, Xcode, Swift, SceneKit, ARKit, Metal, Unity, C#, ECS, Android, Java, ARCore, OpenGL, Sceneform, Google Tango, Vuforia, AWS S3, Three.js
- Implemented a custom-rendering system as an alternative to iOS ARSCNView to combine camera output and AR 3D content rendered using SceneKit.
- Designed and implemented the architecture for on-demand, cached, remote asset downloads to reduce the main app size and enable remote asset management.
- Implemented a fully customizable video recording solution for iOS and Android.
- Transformed AR experiences that were originally working as a standalone native iOS app for Messages extensions.
- Created a Unity AR Core app based on an originally native iOS ARKit app.
- Created a demo for AWE conference using the new Unity ECS system to simulate the fish movement of thousands of entities on an iOS device while avoiding photorealistic 3D characters in the scene.
- Built a Unity Google Tango demo demonstrating the usability and advantages of this early Android AR technology.
- Worked on iOS Messages extension app with video recording and sharing functionality of the scene with remotely downloaded AR 3D content.
Unity for iOS Senior Engineer2016 - 2016Smartlivez (via Toptal)
- Implemented a solution for an external sensor data transformation and the mapping of the animation space of each golfer player character.
- Integrated an inverse kinematics solution for left and right-hand movement, golf club positions, and rotations during movement; on the top of the original golfer animation.
- Created Unity editor extensions for improving data mapping control and for verification of data transformation and data integrity.
- Embedded a Unity application into an existing iOS application and integrated synchronization of its startup state and data forwarding.
- Designed a WebGL version of the application for faster project iterations and testing of functionality with debug possibilities of importing sensor data from CSV files and exporting resulting animations to CSV files.
- Used a custom DI architecture which ensured faster and more reliable prototyping and simplified adding unit tests to verify and test correct data mapping functionality.
Senior Unity Programmer | Project Manager2014 - 20163Move Labs
- Designed and implemented Unity extensions for internal development workflow improvements and for distribution on the Unity Asset Store.
- Planned and coordinated programming works with the products' global marketing strategy.
- Analyzed and developed proposals for application architecture.
- Used a Leap Motion API for the implementation of interactive contactless demonstrations for the Leap Motion controller in Unity.
- Created scenes for demonstrations of 3D interactive tours in which the user is able to explore provided interiors.
- Built a web application based on Magento which enables dynamic creation of interconnected database tables. This app can be accessed through its REST API and provides a Unity application on any platform with game parameter settings which can be modified dynamically and loaded after restarting application's scene.
Lead Unity Programmer2012 - 2015Pavel Platil Animation Studios
Technologies: Unity, C#, Cg, Vuforia, Xcode, iOS, Eclipse, Android
- Created analyses and proposals of application architecture and shaped the levels based on provided scene sketches.
- Coordinated a team that worked with 3D and 2D graphics and optimized used game assets. The optimizations included the development of my own tool for moving and rotating pivot points while preserving previously used animations on models.
- Implemented an animation system for character goalkeeper capabilities—retargeting principles including inverse kinematics for hand movement.
- Tweaked the physics portion of an engine to ensure performance and pleasant game experience with proper ball mechanics.
- Implemented performance optimizations including used shaders, basic lighting settings, memory usage, and build size reduction.
- Provided the foundation for beta testers and prepared products for placement in the iOS App Store and Google Play; including the release itself and the following support.
Unity Programmer2011 - 2012Keen Software House
Technologies: Unity, C#, Cg
- Created a flexible system for game testing regular builds with the use of a JSON configuration file.
- Improved the performance of an existing dynamic mesh generation system.
- Extended an existing IMGUI system for a basic application layout.
- Improved an existing sound effects solution by implementing better architectural encapsulation and preparing a user-friendly solution for the sound engineer.
- Modified and tweaked an existing terrain shader solution for better performance and visuals without blending issues.
Web App Developer2010 - 2011iTechTrade
Technologies: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Magento, Zend Framework, Ajax, jQuery, Flash, XMPP, Red5, XFBML, FBJS, Facebook API
- Created an Ajax Facebook application connected to Facebook chat through an XMPP protocol ensuring direct users' notifications as native chat messages.
- Integrated Red5 streaming video services to facebook apps for group video chat features.
- Programmed analytical tools processing data from various web sources for online marketing purposes using a chart-based interface for output.
- Setup a Magento platform for building complex web applications and extended its features by implementing new reusable modules.
- Developed a Cron job for collecting and sorting information about public auction data from the Czech Republic.
- Prepared, integrated, and updated Magento layouts for Magento-based applications.
Programmer Analyst | Senior TIBCO Consultant2007 - 2009PIKE Electronic
Technologies: Java, TIBCO, XML, XSD, XSLT, Eclipse RCP, TIBCO BusinessWorks, TIBCO EMS
- Implemented a tool that compares two XML documents and is capable of highlighting distinct parts of documents thanks to its block comparison algorithm.
- Developed tools for the automatic generation of documents to HTML, PDF, and CHM formats with use of the DITA Open Toolkit and XSLT.
- Modified the architecture of the original application for use as an Eclipse RCP plugin. The isolated features were divided into separate modules.
- Provided technical support and onsite product presentations for various international clients.
- Supported booth preparations and presented product at TUCON 2008 San Francisco conference.