Verified Expert in Design
Stewart has developed an award-winning design and prototyping workflow proven successful in healthcare, education, and eCommerce. His work has guided numerous startups as they enter the market, enabled multiple small businesses to transform, and helped publicly traded companies pivot toward a brighter future.
Kingsford Charcoal, The Clorox Group
Full Agenda Massage LMS
Web and Technical Content Developer
- Designed and developed education.upverter.com to help schools teach STEM courses in their remote classrooms.
- Designed and developed the upverter.com marketing page to help rebrand and pivot the web-based CAD tool. After pivoting and launching the upverter.com campaign and rebrand, the tool saw a 500% increase in top-funnel conversions.
- Managed and mentored groups of students—design and digital marketing interns—on a semesterly basis, up to two team members at once.
- Rolled out to over 2000 students in the USA, Canada, the UK, and India within three months of launching the education.upverter.com program.
- Won two gold awards at the Stevie American business awards within six months of launching the education.upverter.com program.
Emily Carr University of Art and Design
- Developed an Etsy-like marketplace for a student art sale platform.
- Sold over $40,000+ in the first seven days of sale.
- Onboarded 200+ users onto the platform and organized 600+ artworks using a tag method.
- Worked as Shopify developer and UX consultant on the project, being the sole practitioner from conception through completion of the sale.
Akinox Health Technologies
- Provided design direction and UX audit of telemedicine platform designed for remote telemedicine in the province of Quebec Canada.
- Provided HTML prototypes for numerous screens in telemedicine platform for referral workflow between clinicians at different hospitals for sleep apnea diagnosis and treatment.
- Provided journey maps for multiple application trajectories including eConsult, patient transfer, and sleep apnea treatment.
ICAN Notes EHR
- Provided UX audit of a platform for therapists and behavioral intervention specialists to track and document patient history.
- Generated an HTML and CSS style guide for the development team that provided a concise set of elements to develop the product.
- Provided InVision prototypes to accompany stories documented in Jira in weekly agile design sprints.
- Delivered prototyped interaction for the core note-taking feature of the application.
- Did streamline signup and onboarding with full adherence to HIPAA privacy guidelines.
Design and Marketing Director
- Launched Simile AI app suite on Shopify app store, and helped grow support to over 2000 storefronts in six months.
- Created and launched Simile AI Suite for Shopify with a user acquisition funnel consisting of paid Facebook, Instagram, and Adwords media as well as product introduction videos.
- Designed the UX for an AI-powered fashion recommendation kiosk for retail spaces.
- Designed the UX for an AI-powered fashion recommendation app for iPad.
- Designed, developed, and launched scopemedia.com using Webflow.
- Implemented user journey tracking using Google Analytics Conversion Goals.
- Managed design team of around four designers and content producers acting as design and marketing director.
- Helped provide proof of concept prototypes to the Hana Workspaces team using Nexudus workplace management CMS.
- Developed MVP of Nexudus CMS using CBRE branding for presentation to key C-suite stakeholders.
- Provided CSS design system for use with Nexudus CMS components.
UX Design | Front-end Developer
- Designed and helped to implement UI for patient support platform for mental health professionals.
- Completed competitive analysis of patient engagement tools and illustrated competitive landscape.
- Mapped customer journey throughout care plan creation and monitoring.
- Worked with clinical advisors to refine scheduling and workshop user flows.
- Worked to facilitate A/B test-driven design process.
- Built company's website on the WordPress framework.
UX Designer and WordPress Developer
- Helped to build a new brand and WordPress website for the company.
- Built four registration websites for medical education conferences using WordPress for myMedEd's clients.
- Developed a new logo and brand guidelines for the client.
UX Design Strategist
Reliq Health Technologies
- Developed proof of concept prototypes on a weekly basis for team review for iOS Android and Web.
- Collected round table feedback from clinical advisors on a weekly basis.
- Strategized file hand-off and workflow for efficiency in the product development lifecycle.
- Acted as product and features expert during the product development process.
- Conducted UX and Heuristics Audit of city inspection application.
- Wireframed and prototyped mobile applications using native IOS and material design guidelines.
- Developed a staged update strategy that first builds a live wireframe MVP for testing, and later to a fully polished UI.
- Developed typographic style with a focus on readability and accessibility to fulfill user needs.
UX Design Researcher
Emily Carr University of Art + Design Health Design Lab
- Collaborated with numerous health authorities across BC to identify touchpoints that could be improved in an effort to increase patient satisfaction.
- Led prototyping efforts for interaction design projects.
- Presented to more than thirty feedback and patient advocacy groups, and engaged them in design research workshops.
- Designed a simple survey tool that would display satisfaction results to staff members.
- Led a design research seminar with 150 clinicians and patient advocates, then collating the research into a presentation outlining key concepts with prototypes in 24 hours.
- Conducted literary review of patient-centered care initiatives.
- Contributed to annual publication delivered to senior project stakeholders.
- Developed concepts for acceptance testing within hospitals in Vancouver, Canada.
- Managed the development a dynamic feedback app, with a team I assembled online.
Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design
Emily Carr University of Art & Design - Vancouver, BC, Canada
Web Development Bootcamp
Lighthouse Labs Coding School
Web Development Essentials
Lighthouse Labs Coding School
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring