Senior Manager, Group Strategy and M&A
2016 - 2017
- Created a new digital banking proposition (including prototypes) for the business development team to acquire more than 200,000 new millennial customers and developed a product business case, including detailed P&L, cash flow, investment, and valuation projections, to internally pitch for funding.
- Developed medium-term strategic options for a mortgage portfolio business to improve profitability (ROTE) by 40%.
- Led the strategy review in the mobility ecosystem to develop a new revenue source for the bank.
Focus areas: Financial Strategy, Business Plan Development, Profitability Optimization
Bain & Company
2014 - 2016
- Created an outside-in, full-potential strategy to improve the shareholder return by 5% for a top Australian bank.
- Designed and implemented an NPS-based customer advocacy strategy for a leading wealth manager with more than 5,000 employees by designing surveys, establishing KPIs, and implementing operating rhythms across account management and operations team.
Focus areas: Business Strategy, CPG Company Turnaround
Investment Associate, Global Funds, Co-invest, and Venture Capital
Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Investment Board - Teachers' Private Capital
2010 - 2012
- Evaluated private equity and venture capital direct and co-investment opportunities in technology, biopharmaceutical, and energy sectors.
- Led the due diligence and execution of more than 20 venture capital financing transactions worth more than $200 million (total money raised by startups backed by well-known venture capital investors such as Kleiner Perkins and NEA).
- Led management of a $700 million portfolio with more than 80 venture capital direct and funds investments.
- Developed an LBO, trading multiples, precedent transactions, and DCF valuation models.
- Negotiated NDAs, term sheets, and sales and purchase agreements; conducted management interviews.
- Provided the sole support to the head of venture capital (VC) and represented OTPP on VC fund limited partners (LP) advisory board.
- Managed investment exit process: completed one IPO, three M&A, one short sale, and 20 stock sale transactions.
- Executed eight global private equity and venture capital funds' investments, resulting in a $750 million aggregate commitment.
Focus areas: Venture Capital Investment, Private Equity Funds Investment, Due Dilligence, Deal negotiation