Verified Expert in Finance
A business expert with an engineering background, Özgür is highly experienced in business planning, reporting, and finance. Throughout his 7-year career, he worked for high-growth startups and scaleups and co-founded an up-and-coming startup. He acted as an in-house consultant, built departments, partook in strategic decisions, and participated in funding rounds and an exit through a merger. Özgür is willing to work on new projects leveraging his experience to help clients scale their business.
Co-founder & Chief Commercial Officer
- Built the business plan and financial model that is currently being used for investment discussions.
- Created the eCommerce structure and set up a direct-to-consumer (D2C) channel.
- Defined the sales and marketing strategy based on customer personas and forecasts from the financial model.
- Negotiated with local and q-commerce retailers for annual contracts.
Team Lead – Controlling
- Created the financial model and business plan for two multi-million fundraising rounds from scratch and took an active part in the fundraising and merger conversations.
- Re-created the accounting process and financial reporting and increased accuracy of accounting from 72% to 99% based on a monthly EBITDA gap between accounting and operational data.
- Grew the controlling department that covers finance and business intelligence functions from scratch by hiring five employees.
- Built the data warehouse with BigQuery and implemented the business intelligence tool, Google Data Studio.
- Managed the project for invoicing and revenue collection automation and decreased the outstanding (uncollected) revenue from 24% to 4% within four months.
- Introduced a credit note structure and improved the freelancer payment process, ensuring that 100% of the payments were completed within the first five days of the following month.
Manager – Business Intelligence
- Hired and trained eight employees over three years that created the reporting structure for all seven different departments in the EU division.
- Built and automated weekly and quarterly annual recurring revenue (ARR) sales forecasting, managing it weekly with the sales directors and the global headquarters.
- Managed the rollout of three different sales efficiency and engagement platforms—Highspot, Allego, and outreach.io.
- Developed and automated quota setting and management for the sales department and managed it quarterly, holding four sales directors and 23 account executives responsible.
- Introduced the OKR structure to the EU division in close collaboration with the executive team. Onboarded and trained 10+ team managers to apply OKRs to their teams and led the quarterly reviews.
Sales Business Analyst
- Built the reporting structure for the sales department in collaboration with global headquarters.
- Managed the quota setting with the executive team and four regional directors for all channels within the country.
- Spearheaded weekly and quarterly forecasting with the sales leadership team and kept the 16 sales managers accountable.
Key Accounts Sales Representative
- Managed four key accounts with 27% year-over-year (YoY) revenue growth.
- Closed the first annual deal and listed the Red Bull products for the first time in a new key account that became the fifth biggest customer in the country within two years.
- Built the best practice for sampling on the B2B channels to increase outreach and access to the retail channels.
Key Accounts Sales Executive
- Managed six key accounts from mid-large segment with 100% renewal rate and 13% YoY revenue growth.
- Acquired three new customers that are production-oriented and with 1000+ employees with a total of $400k annual revenue.
- Reviewed and redefined account management processes. Kept people accountable for following the best practices.
Enterprise Sales Development
- Led a customer relationship management (CRM) system implementation project on the indirect B2B sales channel.
- Introduced and implemented a central CRM system on 57 local subsidiaries and trained 150+ employees.
- Oversaw the rollout of a third-party employee engagement platform to reach employees of local subsidiaries.
- Created and maintained churn and retention reporting for the indirect sales channels.
The Coca-Cola Company
- Took part in the core team for a new iced tea product launch in Turkey, from analysis to implementation, where the brand reached 19% market share in its category within four months.
- Created and maintained the management reporting for a new segment in the market.
- Managed the social media campaigns with a marketing agency.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration
Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg - Magdeburg, Germany
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Istanbul Technical University - İstanbul, Turkey