Agile Coach & Consultant2017 - PRESENTFreelance - Toptal
- Trained scrum masters and technology and business managers on people skills and transformation leadership, building high performing teams.
- Coached scrum masters, product owners, transitioning project managers and other IT and business leaders and teams towards the mindset of a learning organization, able to adapt fast to market changes.
- Guided on how to increase the customers' delight and optimize the end-to-end value chain.
- Suggested creative solutions to mitigate risk and reduce uncertainty by applying empirical models.
- Consulted top management decisions regarding Agile adoption and transformation, technology strategy, and outsourcing/insourcing approaches.
- Developed frameworks for HR and technology management regarding performance reviews, career tracks, OKRs, and other target systems, recruitment, and job descriptions.
- Partnered on creativity and innovation tools to build the environment for safe experimentation.
- Facilitated problem-solving cross-silos, cross-cultural, cross-hierarchy for win-win solutions leading to a high performing system.
Director Agile Coaching2017 - 2017adidas, Digital Brand Commerce, Herzogenaurach, Germany
- Consulted executive stakeholders regarding Agile initiatives in digital brand commerce, a department with more than 500 business and IT experts, responsible for all consumer-facing adidas software products.
- Served as the line manager of two Agile Coaches, serving together with other five external coaches 45 development teams.
- Supported the Agile transformation core team and the volunteered working teams focused on delivering transformation key enablers.
- Developed the Agile coaching strategy in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders to be applied cross-teams, cross-hierarchy, and cross-location.
- Advised management on the outsourcing strategy in line with Agile considerations, the transition of Waterfall projects to Agile including timing, prerequisites, risks, budget impact, team composition impact, and more.
- Consulted key executive stakeholders including VP Digital IT in his role of Agile Transformation Executive Sponsor.
- Guided the Agile transformation initiative on the executive level for the software department across Germany, Netherlands, and Spain.
- Initiated Scrum Masters’ Community of Practice and Agile Coaching Forum.
Technology Agile Line Manager as Country Manager, reporting to the CTO2013 - 2017NAPA Romania, Galati, Romania
- Increased staff performance each year (79.8 in 2016), beyond the global expert norm of 65.8 by applying Agile values, principles, and practices.
- Facilitated the bottom-up creation of technology unit strategy.
- Led the global customer experience (CX) team raising the net promoter score from 16 to 25 (target 20) with a volunteered cross-functional involvement of staff.
- Consulted the development of IT Agile career tracks and job descriptions in harmony with cross-cultural expectations (Finland-Romania-India). Career tracks were seen as beneficial by 41.2% and very beneficial by 11.8% of the staff.
- Defined Agile performance evaluation process (self-assessment forms) resulted in feedback that people feel more engaged with their work (47.1%) and equally highly engaged (52.9%).
- Collaborated with the HR manager and financial manager to adapt the target setting practices and competences development and the salaries system to Agile.
- Named as the first employer of choice in IT in the city after building a referral based recruitment system, Universities collaboration, conferences participation (Brainspotting public report available on request).
- Accomplished excellent staff survey results each year, measured by external partner survey: commitment index 2015 – 78 while the global expert norm is 72.8, leadership index 2015 – 73.9 while the global expert norm is 70.5, engagement index 2015 – 84.6 while the global expert norm is 75.8.
- Supported competences development of teams by actions as competences analysis framework proposal, successful individual development discussions, mentorship programs, soft skills development program. Usefulness of development discussions raised from 0.01 in 2013 to 0.13 in 2014 and 0.23 in 2015 (measured by external staff survey).
- Started as the first employee in Romania, growing it from 18 to 32 experts as the line manager.
Scrum Master selected through team voting2012 - 2013NAPA Romania, Galati, Romania
- Introduced Scrum practices and Agile values, principles, and practices.
- Received company reward as a high-performance team for delivering significant new development while continuously improving code quality.
- Coached the team and stimulated it to find its own Agile flavor according to the team’s unique context and membership.
- Initiated Scrum Masters' Community of Practice.
- Removed impediments and aggressively supported improvement initiatives (103 improvements put on DONE).
- Supported the collaboration with other teams by initiating Scrum of Scrums.
Technical Team Leader/Lead Software Developer2008 - 2013NAPA Romania, Galati, Romania
- Led the automated migration from Java to C# of two NAPA projects, using the open source project 2CSharp Translator for Eclipse.
- Initiated and facilitated the cross-teams implementation of NAPA Bus, the communication tool between all NAPA products implemented with ActiveMQ.
- Developed NAPA Real Time Monitoring, an application for monitoring the sensors onboard the ships using the .NET platform.
- Contributed to the development of a web Business Intelligence tool for fleet management implemented in JAVA/Microsoft database/Pentaho platform.
- Introduced code quality practices, including refactoring, automated testing and increasing code coverage leading to lower number of customer reported bugs.
- Trained and offered technical onboarding to junior team members joining the company as Trainees.
- Maintained and improved of JBP (Joint Bulkcarrier Project) software used by ABS (American Bureau of Shipping).
Senior Software Developer and Backup Component Leader2007 - 2008SIVECO Romania, Galaţi, Romania
- Implemented component for the Romanian Health Integrated System in Java with Oracle databases following Waterfall methodology and practices.
- Developed overrides for the source code automatically generated by the MDA framework (Java sources, JSP sources, Oracle scripts).
- Documented specific software requirements based on the legal constraints regarding contracts made between the National Health Insurance Found and the private providers of medical services.
- Verified the test cases elaborated by the testing team.
- Tested integrated version of the software and discovered more than 100 bugs which were fixed until scheduled release date.
Software Developer2005 - 2006Pentalog iNet, Braşov, Romania
- Maintained a proactive communication between the clients located in France and for the local outsourced team.
- Developed the evolution of a generic synchronization engine used for synchronizing XML files, CSV files, and Oracle databases.
- Developed an module for the automatic scheduling of the synchronization processes with an evolved system of processes dependency.
- Integrated Kettle as an open source ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) in the Java client application.
- Delivered multiple PL/SQL scripts for the maintenance of the Oracle databases and solving fatal bugs.
- Analyzed and proposed to the clients different technical solutions based on open source tools.
- Elaborated functional, installation, technical and user guides in French.