Senior Project Manager2019 - 2020YMCA
- Built a project plan and roadmap with estimates and maintained project schedules, status reports, and metrics for a corporate-wide, cross-functional Salesforce implementation across 17 semi-autonomous branches.
- Managed a third-party implementation partner selection process and manage partner implementation delivery.
- Reviewed client current state, including documentation, processes, and policies, and proposed backlog for a minimum viable product.
- Oversaw and coordinated team and vendor activities for all phases of the project.
- Facilitated system and process governance decisions with senior management and project steering committee.
Director, Project Management Office2013 - 2018Crius Energy
- Created the project management office (PMO) and portfolio structure and governance which resulted in a 20% decrease in project implementation time for a leading energy products retailer.
- Built and managed a team of project managers, quality assurance analysts, financial analysts, and business analysts.
- Implemented financial discipline, financial planning and analysis (FP&A), cost/expense tracking, and accountability for a team in excess of $20 million annually.
- Partnered with the IT team and business partners on vendor partner selection for key projects.
- Managed a diverse overall project portfolio including commission systems automation, Solar Salesforce CRM implementation, broker portal implementation, network marketing system conversion, conversion to MS Dynamics, enterprise billing system conversion, new brand launches, and many others.
Integration Program Management Office | Senior Project Manager | Program Management2011 - 2013Constellation Energy [Contract Position]
- Led multiple teams of IT and business professionals in the planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of $4 million of projects in multiple geographical locations.
- Advised and collaborated on the creation and operation of integration program management office policies, guidelines, communications, standards, and reporting to support multiple acquisitions with a multiple-year integration.
- Created, managed, and tracked program and project budgets and schedules.
- Performed required reporting.
- Documented and mitigated risks and issues.
- Regularly assisted business owners and project managers in preparing complete and comprehensive status reviews on all demand/project activities and issues for sponsors and IT leaders.
Solutions Group Manager2010 - 2011Basys, Inc.
- Managed many concurrent customer requests, projects, and internal deliverables on time and on budget as a member of the leadership team of 30-year-old healthcare and retirements benefits administration software company.
- Focused on solution and service delivery by owning the existing project pipeline and P&L, managing and scheduling technical resources, writing a formal scope of work documents, and validating estimates.
- Drove new business for existing clients, managed clients, and grew the team.
- Increased data reporting and accountability standards and drove process efficiency.
Director of Project Management, Portfolio Management, and Program Management2008 - 2010DCP Group Consulting
- Defined and maintained process standards, best practices, and methodologies related to project management, created standardized, repeatable processes to increase efficiency and implemented continuous evaluation and improvement. Used agile or waterfall methodologies, dependent on client needs.
- Provided project management and agile coaching, mentoring, documentation, reporting, and metrics across the organization ensuring alignment to business strategy.
- Created effective communication strategies that streamlined communication, reduced redundant communication and improved communication efficiency by 20%.
- Developed accountability process, standards, and follow up which resulted in a 15% reduction in error rate.
- Managed multiple complex, multi-year technology projects through entire SDLC for a $300-million educational services company for the implementation at over 900 locations.
Manager, Project Management Office (PMO), Portfolio Management, and Program Management2006 - 2008Sylvan Learning, Educate Online
- Expanded the project management discipline throughout the business and operational organization.
- Managed the PMO standards and strategy.
- Influenced, built a consensus, gained cooperation and commitment, and drove decisions across diverse cross-functional groups and executive managers without a direct line of authority which resulted in higher customer and project satisfaction.
- Implemented agile/scrum methodology for legacy development, consistently delivering on time, and within expectations, and captured business strategic and operational goals and ensured alignment to technology. Served as an agile coach and scrum master.
- Provided IT and project management advice for all levels of management which created business value by enabling business and technology leaders to make well informed decisions.
Senior Project Manager2003 - 2006GMAC Mortgage Ramp
- Led multiple teams of IT professionals in the development and implementation of $3-$5 million enterprise-wide projects for clients throughout the country.
- Defined the technology and business enhancements to improve mortgage pipeline management and service delivery.
- Drove efficiency, developed and applied process design and best practices and accelerated deliverables.
- Ensured consistency in the organizational approach.
- Created, developed, and managed all of the product training programs and materials throughout the entire company.
Senior Project Management Consultant2002 - 2002Major US Bank
- Led the effort to increase project and operational efficiency.
- Developed and applied best practices and accelerated deliverables across multiple projects which supported $87 billion in assets for High Net Worth clients.
- Established and managed an overall strategy and process to increase operational efficiencies, and develop new competitive products in a new acquisition with over $110 million in assets.
- Defined and proactively managed and mitigated risks.
- Drove standardization and implemented best practices to optimize resources and costs across multiple technologies throughout entire SDLC.