Verified Expert in Design
Melisa is a Miami-based product designer who loves working on innovative and stunning experiences by helping clients bring their visions to life. She has experience working with enterprise companies like HBO and Royal Caribbean and startup apps with millions of users, such as Carb Manager, FITRADIO, and more. Melisa is passionate and skilled in the whole product design process, from UX Strategy to visual design, motion, and interaction design.
Owner and Product Designer
- Founded a design agency focused on transforming and creating extraordinary experiences by helping our partners with UI/UX, product design and strategy, visual design, motion, and web development.
- Led and managed projects for top applications that included re-designs, user experience optimization, websites, branding, development, etc.
- Launched designs for products that reached millions of users.
- Led a team of over five designers and subcontractors.
Lead Product Designer
- Led a team of designers and owned the brand identity and design system for an app with over 15 million users and a highly converting website.
- Redesigned a health and diet tracking app that resulted in an increase of millions of users and subscribers.
- Translated high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts and transformed them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Built and documented a design system and component library that is used across various projects and apps. Collaborated with the development team to build native components and ensure the design was translated into code.
- Implemented UX processes such as introducing user testing, user interviews, A/B testing, and analytics to validate and back up design decisions.
Lead Product Designer
- Designed the user experience for the Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, and Azamara Cruise Mobile Apps. All three apps have millions of users.
- Collaborated with the product team, multiple tracks, designers, developers, and senior management on the design process and oversaw designs from start to finish.
- Conceptualized and executed key features for a variety of digital and experiential products.
- Planned, initiated, and led the research, presentations, workshops, and discussions.
Lead Product Designer
- Collaborated directly with the product owners, project managers, developers, and other departments to understand the business requirements and deliver UX and design requirements for hospitality products including Carnival Cruises.
- Managed the workload and sprint planning for the UX team and drive deliverables to completion.
- Planned, initiated, and led the research, client presentations, workshops, and discussions.
- Designed intuitive user experiences by applying proven methodologies in wireframing, design, prototyping, and testing for various experiences and devices including mobile, tablet, desktop, smart TVs, touchscreens, and more.
Senior UX Designer
HBO Latin America Group
- Architected, designed, and implemented innovative user experiences for multiple platforms including mobile, tablet, web, TV, and gaming consoles.
- Used qualitative and quantitative data from analytics and testing to learn, refine, and iterate on designs.
- Acted as a key player in the R&D processes and helped conduct user interviews and testing.
- Contributed to the development of user interface design patterns, animations, and other leading-edge tools and reusable assets that aid in efficient and effective user experience designs.
Freelance Product Designer
- Worked with teams to design inventive, intuitive, and fun product experiences.
- Spearheaded the design for various online experiences from startups to enterprise companies.
- Oversaw builds, ensuring that engineering was armed with the specs and prototypes that they needed to successfully build products.
- Collaborated with senior leadership, product managers, and other designers on strategic initiatives and improvements for all projects.
- Worked with a variety of clients including Snap Raise!, Broker Buddha, tappit, Incomeleaf, and more.
Senior Web Designer
- Oversaw Digicel's overall online creative and web/ mobile layouts.
- Saw to all of the in-house UI and online design needs.
- Led a team of four designers, managing online workload, traffic, and handoffs to other designers.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Computer Animation
Miami International University of Art and Design - Miami, FL, USA
Adobe Photoshop Certified Associate