Systematic Financial Management
2013 - 2017
- Carried out the stock selection for a $1 billion sleeve of a $14 billion portfolio of long-only equity investments.
- Analyzed industry data to understand business trends, competitive dynamics, and regulatory changes across a wide swath of industries (market caps ranging from $100 million to $700 billion) in order to determine the key drivers for companies and their industries. Laid out findings in a clear, accessible and interesting manner.
- Developed a proprietary investment framework to determine the most attractive companies and industries.
- Worked with C-level management teams to help sharpen their investor messaging and advised on growth plans as well as M&A opportunities.
- Created extensive financial models and employed multiple valuation techniques including comparable company analysis, DCF, SOTP, and transaction analysis.
- Consistently ranked in the top three analysts in terms of stock returns versus benchmark.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Capital Structure Analysis, Financial Modeling, Business Plan Development, Comparable Company Analysis, Financial Benchmarking, Valuation, Growth Equity, Equity Research, Market Research
Senior Equity Research Associate - Semiconductors
2012 - 2013
- Assessed 20+ semiconductor companies which involved in-depth analyses of industries, independent financial forecasting, interviews with executive management teams, investment recommendations publication, and communication with institutional investors.
- Presented stock recommendations to institutional clients (e.g., hedge funds, mutual funds) with a tailored message specific to client interests (e.g., longer-term vs. shorter-term, growth vs. value investors).
- Ranked in the top ten of ~80 associates in the May 2013 Institutional Equity Salesforce vote for associates; received multiple recommendations for a promotion to an analyst position.
- Participated in advising Mindspeed on its acquisition of Picochip as well as on its convertible senior notes offering. Also participated in the IPO process for MA-COM Technology Solutions (MSTI). Both Mindspeed and MTSI work included researching and writing in-depth initiations of coverage reports.
- Coordinated with other technology teams to create an in-depth report simplifying small cell technology and the ways it would impact various industries and companies.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Capital Raising, Capital Markets, Equity Research, Comparable Company Analysis, Capital Structure Analysis, Revenue & Expense Projections, Financial Modeling, Three Statement Operating Model, Valuation, Market Research, Profitability Analysis, Growth Capital Raising
Senior Equity Research Associate - Softline Retail
2010 - 2012
- Researched and wrote reports on 20+ apparel retailer and beauty companies which involved in-depth analyses of industries, independent financial forecasting, interviews with executive management teams, investment recommendations publication, and communication with institutional investors.
- Ranked in the top 15 of ~80 associates in the Institutional Equity Salesforce vote in 2011 and 2012.
- Created marketing slide decks to concisely depict industry trends, comparable company analyses and specific company investment theses.
Focus areas: Equity Research, Valuation, Growth Capital Raising, Capital Markets, Market Research, Revenue & Expense Projections, Three Statement Operating Model
Equity Research Associate - Airlines
2008 - 2010
- Researched and composed reports on 20+ low-cost, regional, and legacy airlines in Latin America, Europe, and the U.S.
- Participated in the Initial Public Offering (IPO) processes for Spirit Airlines and Multiplus, the follow-on offering for GOL, a valuation assignment for Volaris, and multiple follow-on offerings for AirTran.
- Served on team that received Wall Street Journal’s "Best on the Street" award.
- Formed strong working relationships with management teams, consistently securing CEO attendance at the Raymond James annual Growth Airline conference.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Capital Structure, Financial Modeling, Equity Research, Revenue & Expense Projections, Market Research, Three Statement Operating Model, Profitability Analysis, Valuation, Growth Capital Raising, Capital Markets