Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Shubham has designed a go-to-market strategy for a new business in the logistics industry with gross value of $1.2 billion, modeled P&L for a life insurance client, estimated customer lifetime value for financial services companies, and created customer affordability propositions to increase market share by 50%. In his ten years of experience, Shubham has worked with over ten CXOs worldwide and managed P&L worth $150 million. He enjoys working on challenging projects for a diverse client base.
Life Insurance Market Entry Strategy for a Leading Indian Bank
Head of Strategy and Growth
- Headed the strategy execution and revenue growth initiatives and handled $150 million in profit and loss (P&L) for India as a leadership team member.
- Secured an annual business worth $35 million from Hyva's largest B2B customer for the tipping solution business. Concluded a pricing strategy after analyzing the demand elasticity and P&L impact, which had a positive gross margin of $4 million.
- Grew revenue of the environmental solution equipment business by around $10 million in the first 12 months. Expanded a dealer network from 25 to 35 across India and increased a monthly bid participation rate by 100%.
- Delivered around $500,000 annual savings by overhauling the manual after-sales resolution processes. Conceptualized, built, and deployed a region-first customized SaaS platform and mobile app.
- Redesigned an annual bonus program for the leadership team to incorporate functional and regional KPIs.
- Revamped a sourcing strategy to localize production from China to India. Achieved $900,000 in annual savings.
- Spearheaded an end-to-end program to launch two new products with a $5 million annual sales potential.
- Mapped the existing organization structure with another subsidiary to identify the right structure. Revamped the sales team to generate around $1 million in savings per annum.
- Actes as the first point of contact for all investor relations management for Hyva India.
Tata Strategic Management Group
- Conceptualized and launched a business with a gross value of $1.2 billion, aiming to digitalize the Indian logistics industry worth $100 billion.
- Modeled P&L and devised a go-to-market strategy through field visits to more than 500 stakeholders.
- Launched a minimum viable product (MVP) on key freight routes comprising 8% of the market size.
- Led a partner engagement with two startups after evaluating more than 50 startups for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) or partnership opportunities.
- Designed customer acquisition plans to achieve a 50% increase in India's market share for a smartphone player. Built a customer lifetime value model to partner with three financial institutions for these acquisition plans.
- Identified growth areas in the life insurance business across channels and products for an Indian bank. Recommended an appropriate entry strategy to reach a 7% market share and gross value of $5 billion by 2028.
- Revamped a retail-loan collection strategy by realigning customer segmentation models for a leading Thai bank. Conducted workshops with the IT and risk team for over 50 people to integrate the new model.
- Reduced the workforce cost by around 1% by optimizing operational efficiency for a leading Indian automotive player. Benchmarked the effectiveness of the blue-collar workforce against five global automotive players.
- Drafted a white paper on challenges in the Indian bankruptcy process after analyzing an interim report by the Ministry of Finance.
- Moderated over ten interviews with private equity (PE) and venture capital (VC) firms, law firms, banks, and an asset restructuring company to identify gaps.
- Published a point of view on changes to be implemented to improve the existing bankruptcy process.
Zinrelo | Formerly ShopSocially
- Led analytics engagements with a revenue impact of around $500,000.
- Delivered incremental annual revenue of more than $360,000 by new user acquisition through digital marketing.
- Sourced $100,000 in organic sales by prioritizing product enhancements after analyzing user data.
- Improved the customer conversion by around 30% by revising pricing and changing it from a fixed price to utilization-based contracts.
- Coached a team of four analysts to formulate marketing strategies for Fortune 500 healthcare clients.
- Created an Asian market entry strategy and forecasted ten-year revenue for a new urology product across four markets.
- Developed physician targeting strategies for a client worth $11 billion to minimize the impact of a generic entrant in the USA.
Master's Degree in General Management and Business Administration (MBA)
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad - Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur - Kharagpur, West Bengal, India