Jason K Embry
Jason is a seasoned professional with proven experience in multiple industries, including manufacturing, retail, distribution, supply chain, and others. He has demonstrated program management, project management, consulting, client engagement, and data analytics abilities.
ExpertiseAgileAgile Product ManagementJiraLogisticsProgram ManagementProject ManagementRequirements AnalysisScrum
Senior Product Owner and Delivery Manager
- Managed client software projects from inception to deployment. The focus areas include rapid prototyping, web applications, and products across various business verticals, including Generative AI.
- Facilitated vertical takeoff, the 2-3 week express startup, to produce project documentation, full project or program estimates, high-level requirements, establish project milestones, and facilitate client workshops around design and requirements.
- Oversaw the product lifecycle through Agile methodologies from ideation to implementation to ensure on-time releases and client satisfaction.
- Managed project and program budget, including weekly and monthly reporting to the client.
- Owned backlog prioritization and refinement, allowing each successive sprint to be planned efficiently.
- Managed dependencies between teams and kept projects moving by removing barriers, ensuring clear requirements, and coordinating schedules, resources, and communications.
Agile Project Manager
- Managed the client relationship, specifically overseeing weekly report-outs, requirements gathering, solution design, client communications, status reporting, estimations, and release planning.
- Acted as the product owner and Scrum Master for a team consisting of third-party designers, developers, a solution architect, and a QA associate.
- Oversaw the build and delivery of an iOS mobile app, Google firebase back end, and web app for video uploads.
- Delivered a full-featured beta application with features including custom calendar logic, messaging, notifications, custom video editing, and more.
- Managed the UX design of the application with a third-party design group and designed custom features within Figma post-completion of the design.
- Built and managed the product roadmap to transition from an older technology platform to an AWS-hosted web application to achieve feature parity and add new features.
- Managed a team of employees, including a designer, the development staff, and a QA associate directly.
- Utilized the Agile framework when transitioning functional business requirements to the development team.
- Collaborated closely with the executive team, engineering, marketing, operations, and customers to ensure business strategy was met.
Technical Project Manager
- Managed the client relationship, including but not limited to weekly report-outs, requirements gathering, solution design, client communications, status reporting, estimations, and release planning.
- Acted as the product owner and Scrum Master for a team of a designer, developers, a solution architect, and QA associate.
- Oversaw the build and delivery of a mobile app, Microsoft Azure back end, administrative portal, and cross-browser web application.
- Performed marketing research for three different technical consumer products with respect to market segmentation, current competitors, and barriers to entry to determine company direction.
- Performed all product owner responsibilities, including gathering business requirements, transitioning to the requirements and actionable user stories, refining the backlog, transitioning to technical teams, and evaluating delivery.
- Hired staff to facilitate the mobile and desktop platform design, develop the MVP of the product, facilitate focus group sessions, and provide QA coverage.
CS Program and Process Manager
- Provided program management for the customer service department concerning Microsoft AX ERP implementation, NPI, and new projects.
- Oversaw all aspects of customer experience regarding the ordering platform for the current state and future design.
- Managed technical project analyst supporting departmental data analytics, global and senior leadership metrics, root cause problem-solving, and systems requirement and development activities.
- Redefined the process flow for the customer/distributor for the order fulfillment process. Facilitated all company areas, including marketing, engineering, finance, procurement, and operations.
- Hired, trained, and positioned the department's ERP and project support staff.
NA Program Manager
- Managed programs in the POS arena, including mobile payment, loyalty, mobile and loyalty integration, digital scanning, barcode integration, network host integration, payment processing integration, media at the pump, and web app remote management.
- Oversaw all areas of program management leadership for large-scale solutions spanning design, RFP, requirements, estimating, engineering development, system integration, field trial (beta) installation, and final deployment to end customers.
- Directly interfaced between the customer, participating vendors, executive management, marketing, software and hardware engineering, quality assurance, security, legal, operations, service, and support.
- Fulfilled the roles of product manager, product owner, and scrum master as required to support three overseas development and SQA teams.
- Managed the largest customer lead opportunity (CLO) within the POS development group, equating to $6 million yearly revenue for a Fortune 10 customer.
- Led a client from high customer escalation, a single team with poor program management to high customer satisfaction, and three fully staffed development teams at separate SDLC stages with high visibility to internal and external stakeholders.
Supply Chain Network Solutions Design Manager
New Breed, Inc. (XPO Logistics)
- Developed and implemented strategies to optimally position and differentiate New Breed from industry competitors.
- Participated in client facing teams to obtain and analyze complex supply chain data to gain an understanding of client needs. Identify and define solution opportunities to improve productivity, quality, performance, and profitability.
- Carried out project management from solutions design and development to implementation.
- Performed supply chain analysis utilizing JDA Supply Chain Strategist to help prospective clients determine where to place facilities, processes, and inventory and evaluate existing operations and alternatives.
Transportation Operations Manager
New Breed, Inc. (XPO Logistics)
- Developed all aspects of transportation for the largest inbound transportation project at a top 50 third-party logistics company. The client is a global diversion company with a projected freight spend in excess of $30 million per year.
- Managed the inbound transportation operation team utilizing multiple transportation modes and a diverse product mix.
- Transformed existing manual transportation process across a wide carrier base to a network-optimized solution with a rationalized national carrier base.
- Oversaw the direct supplier, carrier, forwarder, distribution center, and plant compliance, training, and communication.
- Hired, trained, and developed personnel within the operations group for the client's continuous support.
Transportation Implementation Project Manager
New Breed, Inc. (XPO Logistics)
- Served as the project lead for designing and implementing i2's transportation manager and transportation planner.
- Communicated with internal and external customers to gather project requirements to lead implementation efforts.
- Developed a transportation solution exceeding customer expectations while maintaining the integrity of existing client designs.
- Modeled scenarios for client enhancements and cost-saving initiatives.
- Designed and supported transportation planning processes for various clients' day-to-day operations.
- Managed bi-yearly continuous improvement initiative affecting system design and operational processes.
- Interfaced with the client and led all project initiatives.
- Supported other client projects, including software upgrades, reporting requirements, and overall program support.
Mobile and POS Program Management (Exxon)
Managed SDLC projects from requirements to delivery for the companies' largest client, Exxon Mobil, in both the United States and Canada.
I handled all aspects of the project, including client relationships, requirements gathering, scope definition, budgeting, story creation/prioritization (Agile), development status to client and executive team, release management, lab certifications, market roll-out, issue resolution, and sustainability.
Some of the projects included:
• Mobile payment: provided software and integration between the Gilbarco POS, a third-party POS, FirstData payment processor, and Exxon's Speedpass and mobile application.
• IOL mobile payment: provided software and integration between the Gilbarco POS, a third-party POS, payment processor, loyalty provider, and a third-party mobile application provider, including specialized barcode scanning and car wash support. I managed the initial pilot testing and market release.
• PLF phases 1 and 2: Used loyalty provider integration (Plenti/AMEX) with the POS and mobile usage.
The efforts took the Exxon program from high to non-executive-level escalations, achieving $6 million in software revenue annually.
ERP Program Management
Led the migration from legacy systems to Microsoft Dynamics AX implementation with customized web portal and CPQ integration.
As a program manager, I also hired, trained, and managed ERP support staff, including managers of projects and technical support, business analysts, and QA resources, organizing, reviewing, and approving all functional and technical design and change requests for ERP and support systems. Furthermore, I handled UI/UX across the ordering platform and subsequent interaction, including notifications, packaging labels, and shipping documentation.
My duty was facilitating, managing, and participating in testing new systems and processes through production release. Testing included technical development as well as UAT. I provided and presented status reports to the executive team, PMO group, customers, and internal groups affected by the implementation. I also provided training to external customers.
POS Remote Management
Delivered an industry-leading remote management web portal to control POS applications from a corporate client's office.
Before this application, the customer managed these efforts through phone calls, fax, and driving to every site to ensure the processes were maintained. I developed product requirements through marketing channels and the voice of the customer (VoC) and captured complaints in the field, building feature documentation, and product roadmap.
I was the product owner for the new product introduction, facilitating feature priorities, story writing, and communications. I managed the software release schedule, bug tracking and resolution, customer configuration, and user management. I also facilitated and hosted alpha and beta field trials for the customers.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
University of Louisville - Lousville, KY
Master of Engineering Degree in Industrial Engineering
University of Louisville - Louisville, KY
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering
University of Louisville - Louisville, KY
Certified Scrum Product Owner
Certified Supply Chain Professional