David is a senior leader in product management, corporate development, sales and marketing, team building, governance, R&D, and partnership engagement in international and US markets. He ascended in placements from sales engineering to CEO, CPO, CTO, and board member in diverse industries from medtech, healthcare, fintech, regtech, proptech, NGO, energy, ESG, and IoT. He is an expert at digital transformation, bringing a diverse skill set and high-EQ to projects with a 360° strategic focus.
ExpertiseClimate ChangeFintechGo-to-market PlansInnovation ManagementNew Business VenturesProduct Lifecycle Management (PLM)Senior Executive ManagementWeb 3.0
- Led the development of a multi-feature diabetes telemedicine system used to diagnose diabetes complications including diabetic retinopathy, in vitro diagnostics, Doppler imaging, duplex imaging, arterial brachial index.
- Launched MDx genomic testing for H edPylori and targeted therapies of antibiotics and antibiotic resistance in Mexico and Canada markets. Led Cofepris (Mexican FDA) regulatory affairs and ISO 15189 compliance.
- Produced go-to-market, training, product sales, and industry workshops for medical, industrial, finance and investment, and economic development, association, verticals in US and internationally, over 200 events produced with 30-550 attendees.
- Led product management and offered domain expertise for the mobile app for childhood obesity management using ESRI location-based GIS services, Data.gov, and Healthdata.gov data sets. Won Kaiser and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation product award.
- Led commercialization and product marketing management for point of care testing (POCT) handheld blood analyzer using lab-on-a-chip unit-dose testing with dry reagents and microfluidic samples. Theranos used many of our expired patents.
- Served as the product manager and acting CEO for "Volnado," a web browser-based music publishing platform for independent musicians using location-based (IP address tracking) services, video stitching, wifi. Company acquired in 2013.
- Served as interim CEO to lead product development, systems engineering, and investor relations for cord blood stem cell company. Led out-licensing by partnerships at BIO partner conferences in the US and Europe, raised grants and private capital.
- Led strategic planning and capitalization planning and development for Viacom Nickelodeon/ Six Flags theme/water park enabled with wireless and tracking technologies in New Orleans, LA as part of Hurricane Katrina recovery. Led bond financing strategy.
- Led concept and development of a blockchain-based global network for pricing, valuation, settlement of catastrophe bonds for ESG reinsurance market. Regulations, technology, UX, client engagement, for the multi-sided marketplace with ERC20 Ethereum.
- Oversaw NPD and PLM for wearable technologies for medical biometric modeling using printed electronics, flexible technologies, smart fabrics, and telematics for Remote Patient Monitoring. Led deployment, contracting, partnerships with ACO, IDN's.
- Led development of venture capital firm in partnership with Couhig Partners law firm. Leveraged legal client base, network, and brand affiliation to grow deal flow.
- Led strategic planning for stem cell firm client for product development and market planning.
- Co-marketed firm with firm partner, former Attorney General of Lousiana, Richard Ieyoub.
Managing Director - Gulf Coast Business Unit
- Led recruitment and training over 20 sales and CSR staff with onsite and field training.
- Led sales and implementation of Lab Information Systems for online ordering and assay reporting. Over 100 implementations per year.
- Increased revenues from $24 million to $32 million in the first year with an increase in operating margins from 26% to 38%.
- Led the launch of genomic and esoteric testing for cardiovascular, oncology, and women's health markets. Created a go-to-market strategy for my region and led a campaign with organizational staff.
- Won "Top Performing District" award in 2003 for increasing performance rank from 82 to 6 out of all US business units.
Vice President Sales and Marketing
- Worked with product development team out of Smith Kline Beechum on blood analyzer medical device with LIS interface and health IT BUS. Won "Medical Device Design Award" in 2000.
- Recruited, trained, and led 25 member sales force increased to 30 with the addition of five region managers. Oversaw all sales and team management activities in Los Angeles HQ and in 41 US states, eight countries, and over 500 hospitals.
- Launched medical device and health IT line at over 50 US and Canadian trade shows with an exhibit booth. Led generation and led management with CRM (we were one of the first Salesforce.com customers) to sales generation. 200 new accounts acquired in the first year.
- Co-managed fundraising campaign with the CEO and CFO that led to IPO on American Stock Exchange. Capital raised funded our product launch.
- Managed investor relations for public and private investors with IR staff. Managed SEC compliance with legal staff and outside legal and accounting firms. Led PIPE offering after IPO that led to $10 million raised for product redesign and NPD.
- Led a joint venture with Roche Diagnostics in Canada. OEM relationship with Roche for Careside analyzer and Careside Connect LIS IT integration network. Launched product in Alberta Provence in Calgary, expanded to Vancouver.
- Led international exports from Miami distribution location. Led partnership with Jamaican distributor to set up lab testing for clinics in Angola, West Africa. Facilitated sales, distribution, and training through Miami, Angola, and the Canary Islands.
- Led contracting with the US Navy, US Army, and VA hospitals for blood analyzer and Health IT integration sales with Careside Analyzer and Careside Connect. Launched with US Navy in San Diego and Norfolk, Virginia, and Brook Army Hospital in San Antonio, TX.
- Led sales strategy and implementation with client acquisitions to US Dept of Interior Indian Health Service for lab testing on Native American Reservations and through FQHC's and Regional Health Centers. Led co-development of EDI LIS interfaces with IHS.
- Worked with Human Factors firms and UX researchers and designers, worked on Design History File, QMS, usability studies, and Clinical trials for FDA submission of medical device analyzer. Successfully won approval and launched successfully.
Chairman and CEO
State of Louisiana
- Appointed by governor to lead state economic development agency to issue bonds, manage public finance, lobby for policy initiatives, build economic development community, and serve constituents.
- Created an online marketplace to promote Louisiana exporters modeled on Oregon Marketplace. Led to the development of sales to international markets.
- Created finance product to Back-to-Back Letter of Credit financing for small exporters with limited credit histories. Allowed early-stage companies to acquire trade finance to close sales with foreign entities.
- Lobbied legislature, elected officials, and state employees to favorable policy changes to enhance the organizational mission.
- Led structural reorganization and recapitalization of an entity with the Lousiana Public Facilities Authority, the Louisiana Department of Economic Development, and other state entities.
Financial Industry Product Management
Successfully led multiple projects with wealth management, private banking, and investment groups, brokers, and Registered Investment Advisors (RIA's) with warehouses like Merrill Lynch, and RIA custodians like Raymond James.
I oversaw the development and application of client reporting, data visualization, and UX research and design for financial advisor/wealth manager, banking, RIA, compliance directors referral partners, and other stakeholders on mobile and enterprise platforms. I worked with Salesforce.com integration on platforms with Ibbotson charting, SunGard integration, and other APIs or interfaces. I also developed roadmaps, strategic assessment models, UML models, MVP with technical teams, scenario models, use-cases, user stories, client and stakeholder journey mapping, and other facets of NPD and integration or design in Waterfall, Agile, Lean, and Scrum sociotechnical methodologies.
All financial services and products complied with KYC (know your customer), AML (anti-money laundering), and European GDPR and California privacy laws.
The platforms and products we led covered nine asset classes, from traditional such as equities, indexes, and bonds, to alternative assets and of late crypto.
Diabetes Assessment and Management Centers
Led research, prototyping, design, development, and deployment of telemedicine diabetes platform.
Team Lead - "Healthy Plate"
Designed and developed an obesity management mobile app for iOS and Android platforms utilizing Healthcare.gov API and datasets. Won award for the app from Kaiser Permanente and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. The app was called "Healthy Plate."
I led the front end, back end, DevOps, QA, and domain expert XFN team from ideation and concept wireframing through design, development, testing and QA, validation and verification, compliance mapping with HIPAA and CMS guidelines, and to deployment within the Kaiser/RWJF systems. The "Healthy Plate" moniker and UI was designed around the new (at the time) Health Plate metaphor that replaced the Dept of Agriculture "Food Pyramid." Our design used the plate as UI icons to follow the user journey through diet preparation, health and wellness history, and shopping and meal preparation with sharing capability to providers, peers, and family members (optional). We also designed a gamification option to establish wellness best practices with reward functions from Twitch and other platforms using their API's and white label solutions.
Blockchain Smart Contract Transaction and Valuation Network (Fintech)
Led design blockchain-enabled smart contract platform using ETH ERC20 to value and transact underlying assets for catastrophe bonds and ESG assets using dynamic transactional marketplace utilizing oracles for data input and on/off-chain engagement.
Created a subscription platform for primary care medical practices to navigate healthcare system reform and change.
Charter School Developmenthttp://ihsnola.org
Created an international baccalaureate charter school in downtown New Orleans.
Clear The Rights (Dot Com)
Led creation and development of web marketplace for music and intellectual property rights trading and investment.
Home COVID-19 Diagnostic Test
Served as acting CTO for home test development at early stages of COVID-19 pandemic.
Viacom Nickelodeon Theme Park
Led financing, design, and concept development with technology solutions design for 57-acre former Six Flags theme park converted to a wired waterpark with mobile security and payment technologies for Fortune 500 client.
Recruited team and worked with Viacom management from MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Country Music Television, and Black Entertainment Television (BET). Led media relations with TV, newspaper, and radio media outlets (personally interviewed approximately 26 times).
Worked directly with Louisiana state treasurer and bond commission board on bond financing. Recruited and managed relationships with bond counsel, corporate counsel, investment bankers and bond underwriters, and EB-5 investment agencies on financing.
Oversaw design charrettes for the theme park. Managed and led mesh network design, wearables design, vendor procurement, UX and UI design, and other facets of park development.
Collaborated with the Mayor of New Orleans (city-owned land) on a public-private partnership agreement for park development and successfully won a signed contract with the City of New Orleans for a 57-acre park and a $100 bond offering. Presented to Industrial Development Board and successfully won approval with 8-2 votes. This was all completed in 2009.
Certification in Technology Commercialization
CalTech - Los Angeles, California
Master's Degree in Media and Information Systems
Universidad Iberoamericana - Mexico City, Mexico
Bachelor's Degree in History of Science and Technology
Loyola University - New Orleans, LA
Certified Meeting Planner
Louisiana Association of Non-profit Organizations
Greater New Orleans Foundation
Certified Outsourcing Professional (COP)
Department of Commerce
World Trade Center
New Product Development
Certified Medical Practice Executive
Medical Group Management Association
Joslin Diabetes Center
Certified Economic Developer
Series 7 - General Securities
Series 66 - Securities Finance
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)