Verified Expert in Design
Kevin is a lead UI/UX designer specializing in user research, user experience, and user interface design. For the past nine years, he's launched and scaled web and mobile products for startups and enterprise clients such as John Hancock, the US Air Force, Boston Scientific, and Express Scripts.
Ubersense | Slow-motion Video Analysis
Freelance Designer and Front-end Developer
- Worked with the director of operations to design and launch mobile and Raspberry Pi-enabled apps for BenchSentry, a startup in the home security space.
- Worked with the VP of engineering and director of clinical and customer success at TrellisRx to design new features for their flagship product.
- Designed and built a Ruby-on-Rails app for PhD chemists at Harvard Medical School.
Lead Product Designer
- Spearheaded a new product allowing attorneys to upload and find conceptual matches across 10,000 documents. The MVP achieved over $250,000 of revenue within two-quarters of launch to six of the top law firms.
- Developed a comprehensive Figma design library and collaborated with developers to create a component library.
- Re-designed the search experience page to increase searches by 40%.
Lead UX Designer
- Collaborated with engineering and design leadership on a design system that spans multiple web and mobile products and sub-brands. Created and documented UI and UX patterns in Sketch to scale consistency across their designers and developers.
- Partnered with finance and engineering stakeholders at Dimensional Investing to design an internal app that allows portfolio managers to monitor their funds and perform historical analyses.
- Created health tracking tools to help patients with conditions such as MS or HIV visualize their symptom history for Accredo.
- Designed a data reporting and geospatial visualization tool for the Air Force. Established a strong research and design process that aided in getting 100% user adoption within a year of development. The success of this project led to increased funding from Congress.
- Enabled a team at Boston Scientific in lean product development methodologies and designed an app that helps patients with heart failure get the help they need.
- Collaborated with engineering teams and business stakeholders to implement designs.
- Led multiple workshops: one to teach local product managers how to conduct user research, another workshop to teach engineers how to maintain CSS as apps scale, and another workshop to teach designers how to select the appropriate level of fidelity when testing prototypes.
- Led and ideated products from scratch and improved features using UCD.
Senior UI/UX Designer
- Worked alongside doctors at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital to design a prototype app that cuts the time it takes to diagnose peripheral arterial disease by 66%.
- Was awarded 2nd place in an innovation challenge open to ~75,000 employees and was granted the “Partners in Excellence” award by CEO David Torchiana.
- Conducted interviews with rheumatologists to identify how patients are doing in-between doctor visits. Created prototypes to show doctors to help address pain points that came up in the interviews.
- Created journey maps, wireframes, and code prototypes to drive product direction and outline user flows.
- Led the design for Hudl Messaging from research and rapid iteration to high-fidelity UI. The MVP was released within four months to over 300 teams. Contributed to the product roadmap by adding user needs synthesized from over 50 user interviews I conducted.
- Created prototypes for the annual PGA Show which helped generate over 100 leads from golf coaches.
Designer and Front-end Developer
Ubersense (acquired by Hudl)
- Served as the lead designer for the iOS and Android apps.
- Worked closely with the CEO and VP of product to design the iOS and Android apps.
- Conducted user research to understand user needs and translated research insights into features and UI. Collaborated with the engineering team to implement designs the entire app, including account creation, slow-motion playback, HD recording, team management, community, tagging and organizing videos, and annotating videos.
- Improved signup conversion rates by removing barriers and developing a "skip" login feature.
- Increased app downloads by redesigning the web video player, web profiles, emails, and website homepage.
- Worked with Sean Lorenz, the director of product at Neurala to design high-fidelity mocks for an iOS app to control autonomous robots.
- Developed twelve websites for clients including a utilities company, a pharmaceutical startup, and local non-profits.
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
Boston University - Boston, MA, USA
Full-stack Development (Ruby on Rails)