Director of SEO
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a Director of SEO to join our Growth Marketing team. Are you passionate about developing and executing a strategy for short-term and long-term SEO growth? If so, we encourage you to apply! This role will lead on-page optimizations, content generation, technical SEO maintenance, and efforts to grow Domain and Page Authority. You will collaborate with a high-energy team of engineers, designers, copywriters, data scientists, and growth specialists to grow key business metrics and address both top-of-funnel head-terms and highly qualified long-tail terms!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Grow our organic presence while working with our Product team to optimize conversion rates for organic traffic.
- Develop a well-informed strategy for SEO growth and new content generation while providing thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication to our team.
- Report regularly on SEO critical metrics (including Ranking, Traffic, CTR, Conversion, and CPA) and conduct backlink analysis of our site and our competitors to find new link opportunities.
- Conduct ongoing SERP analysis of critical head terms and optimize on-page content and internal link architecture.
- Identify and handle crawl errors, sitemaps, site speed issues, and any other technical issues that can impact ranking.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Familiarize yourself with current and past SEO strategies and tactics.
- Dive into the roadmap and the biggest opportunities for improvement.
In the first month, expect to:
- Learn the details related to existing SEO and technology stacks.
- Connect with the teams you will partner with to understand how you will work together to drive successful outcomes of your initiatives.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Lead the efforts to fully execute your first strategic projects. You will have support to ensure there is a focus on impact.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Expand the scale and scope of your team and projects.
In the first year, expect to:
- Become the SEO thought leader and motivate and inspire our dynamic SEO team.
- Minimum 6 years of recent experience leading an SEO team.
- Deep understanding of SEO concepts and how SEO has evolved over time.
- Experience with conversion rate optimization and SEO best practices.
- Experience implementing content-focused and technical SEO tactics independently or by working with developers.
- Extensive experience with software for data, tracking, and analytics, such as SEMRush, Moz Pro, and/or Google Analytics.
- Prior experience in digital marketing, analytics, or product.
- Comfort collaborating with both developers and marketers to accomplish SEO objectives.
- Strong attention to detail and an understanding of what types of creative products are effective for organic growth and conversion.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.