Enterprise Client Partner - Industrial Products & Services
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is an exclusive network of the top freelance software developers, UX designers, business experts, product managers, and project managers in the world.
Our Enterprise team focuses on establishing and growing relationships with the world’s largest and most innovative companies - including the Fortune 50. Enterprise clients demand purpose-built solutions to compete in the intense war for talent. Toptal is an alternative to outdated and inflexible traditional staffing providers and overpriced Big Consulting. Our Client Partners work closely with clients to design and implement fit-to-purpose talent solutions and scope engagements comprising individual experts, teams of experts, or fully managed teams.
As an Enterprise Client Partner, you will be the face of Toptal to some of the most prominent enterprise companies in the world. If you have a track record of serving as a trusted client advisor while driving substantial revenue growth – this role is for you.
This is a remote position. However, we require applicants to reside in-market. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Revenue - Client Partners deliver significant Quarter-Over-Quarter and Year-Over-Year revenue growth. They are accountable for all aspects of key accounts, including account expansion, client retention, and client experience. CPs deliver sustainable and profitable growth with an eye toward exceeding aggressive, hypergrowth revenue targets.
- Leadership - Client Partners lead by example and demonstrate integrity. They collaborate across teams – serving as the voice of the client internally and make meaningful contributions to growing the business as a whole. CPs are expected to be the face of Toptal for clients, collaborate effectively across internal functions, and mentor and develop junior staff and new team members.
- Consultative Selling - Client Partners engage in ongoing dialogue with clients to uncover their most pressing business challenges. They generate demand by co-developing strategies and solutions to catalyze their clients’ business performance. CPs maximize the value that Toptal provides by selling across verticals, offerings, and solutions – selling both individual expert and managed team services.
- Account Management - Client Partners are accountable for the execution of day-to-day account management tasks, including project staffing and talent matching; drafting SOWs, providing delivery oversight and managing quality; managing invoices and accounts receivable; managing profitability at the engagement, account, and portfolio levels; and maintaining a pipeline of opportunities and data hygiene.
- Relationship Building - Client Partners build and nurture deep, long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with senior clients. They network extensively both externally and internally, building relationships with both influential client stakeholders and internal partners.
- Industry knowledge - Client Partners are conversant in emerging trends and experts in fundamental aspects of the industry they serve. CPs masterfully translate megatrends like the growth of distributed talent networks and remote work into targeted client calls to action. They capture and leverage relevant case studies about Toptal capabilities and projects.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal’s ecosystem.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story to effectively articulate ourselves from the competition.
- Learn our operating model, delivery method, and sales process.
In the first month, expect to:
- Complete our personalized sales and account management training program, complete with mock calls and role-play scenarios.
- Work with your manager to identify the right mix of clients for your portfolio and establish revenue targets.
- Begin to meet with clients, articulate our value proposition, and identify where we can help organizations in your target portfolio.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Establish a working cadence with key clients, partners, and team members in your portfolio.
- Provide delivery oversight for all work on your accounts, ensure customer satisfaction, and support the talent working with your customers.
- Connect the world’s best companies with the world’s best talent. You will work collaboratively with clients to help them engage Toptal’s engineering, design, and finance specialists to drive successful outcomes for their organization.
- Develop strategic account plans for key accounts in order to drive your book of business.
- Begin to bring forward innovative new ideas to drive new ways of working and expanding the business.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Build upon your existing client relationships and execute strategic account plans.
- Begin to expand the scope of engagement at all of your accounts, introducing new capabilities and offerings to your clients, while also increasing the scale of involvement at your accounts.
- Align to internal strategic imperatives that interest you at Toptal beyond your focus on client excellence.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have built a portfolio of incredible accounts with a track record of successful delivery, satisfied clients, and happy team members.
- Begin to mentor new members of the team, helping them learn about Toptal, our model, and how we connect our clients to the world’s top talent.
- Continue to expand your portfolio of accounts, accelerate growth in existing accounts, and demonstrate the full suite of capabilities Toptal has to offer.
- 8+ years of consulting and account management experience at a top-tier management consulting and/or professional services organization.
- 4+ years of account management experience including project staffing and talent matching; drafting SOWs, providing delivery oversight and managing quality; managing invoices and accounts receivable; managing profitability at the engagement, account, and portfolio levels; and maintaining a pipeline of opportunities and CRM data hygiene.
- 3+ years of experience leading delivery teams and sales pursuits at the Senior Manager or Director level within a professional services organization or internal consulting group.
- Experience working in Industrial Products & Services (Manufacturing, Aerospace & Defense, Transportation, Logistics, Energy and Utilities) industry is strongly preferred.
- Track record of managing a portfolio of accounts with a history of exceeding revenue targets.
- Professional maturity, poise, and executive presence – you’re a masterful storyteller.
- Skilled in negotiating service agreements, SOWs, and closing deals from the driver’s seat.
- Proven experience building long-term, mutually beneficial client relationships, consultative selling, and influencing at the C-level.
- Functional knowledge within one or more of the following domains is desired: digital transformation, technology & software development, UX design, product management, project management, or corporate development.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.