Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Are you looking to establish a career in professional recruiting with a hyper-growth technology company? A phenomenal opportunity exists within Toptal’s Core Recruiting team. As an organization that has experienced 40%+ year-over-year growth for the last two years, we are always looking for the opportunity to develop bright, driven, and motivated talent who are excited to learn and grow. In 2021, the Recruiting function will be introducing a Junior Recruiter Development Program: our goal is to allow you to learn the craft of recruiting from some of the world’s best recruiters, develop and refine your skills, and ultimately join the team in a capacity that best fits your strengths and interests. This program will be a rotational development program: throughout the year, you will have the unique opportunity to see and participate in the Recruiting function’s interactions with every business unit within Toptal. Our aim is to teach you the key principles surrounding sourcing, candidate identification, interviewing, stakeholder management, compensation negotiation, and all other nuances related to recruiting world-class talent.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the world, but requires candidates who are willing and able to work United States hours. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
Over the course of the year, you will onboard and integrate into the Toptal Recruiting team. After initial months of detailed training and shadowing the work of Senior Recruiters, you will enter a rotational program alternating you through the main pillars of the Recruiting function: Corporate, Technical, Revenue, and Recruiting Operations . You’ll spend somewhere between 45-60 days in each area, observing, learning, contributing, and gaining additional responsibilities as you prove competency in core areas. Throughout each rotation, you’ll be included in key team meetings, stakeholder conversations, and negotiation processes to learn about the nuances of recruiting and hiring different types of candidates across technical, corporate, and revenue generation skill sets. You’ll gain a deep understanding of our operational systems and learn best practices for becoming an effective and efficient Toptal recruiter. If you see opportunities for process improvements, we’ll expect you to speak up, and we’ll value your observations. At the end of the program, our hopes are that we will have found a passionate Recruiting colleague who will be a great addition to our close-knit team, and that you’ll find a home in an area that excites and challenges you!
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal. Attend a virtual onboarding bootcamp to learn the Toptal approach.
- Meet with your mentor and begin developing a plan for your success.
- Integrate into the Core Recruiting team through the attendance of weekly meetings.
- Dive into Lever, our applicant tracking system, and begin to learn the functionality of our tools and systems.
- Review team recruiting playbooks and processes.
In the first month, expect to:
- Participate in a high number of recruiter-led training surrounding recruiting best practices.
- Establish working relationships with teammates across the Recruiting team.
- Shadow the other recruiters’ calls to understand how they work and develop your own Toptal pitch.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Develop your messaging to passive candidates that result in high response rates.
- Participate in the opening of new roles when applicable, involving yourself in intake meetings.
- Source a variety of professionals aligned with active openings, leveraging our Applicant Tracking System (Lever), LinkedIn, and other sources.
- Begin conducting candidate screens for open positions and guide them through the recruitment process.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Grow into the responsibility of owning and managing pipelines of highly skilled professionals for recurring openings.
- Fully understand the Toptal culture and act as a brand ambassador to our candidates and our colleagues.
In the first year, expect to:
- Find your long-term home on our Toptal Recruiting team and become a solid contributor to the team’s hiring goals.
- Own the entire recruitment lifecycle from start to finish.
- Be viewed as a business partner and have a seat at the table.
- At least 1 year of recruiting or recruiting operations experience, ideally in a start-up or fast-paced environment where you will have learned the value of operating with a bias for action and a high attention to detail.
- Personal pride in your work, and an attitude that strives for excellence and drives to be the best at what you do, even when no one is looking.
- A true willingness to be a collaborative team player; eager to help, willing to listen & learn, and ready to participate in discussions as often as you are able.
- A commitment to providing a white-glove experience, both to our candidates and our colleagues.
- Comfortable learning the offer process and are able to work through complex offers that include multiple compensation variables (base, commission, bonuses, equity).
- Organized and efficient, resulting in the ability to balance a number of urgent requisitions at once.
- Mature and focused enough to balance the freedom and responsibilities that come with a fully remote role.
- Able to communicate professionally, clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and Zoom.