Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Junior Recruiter at Toptal you will identify, engage, and recruit talented people to join our Core team. Your focus will be quality in everything you do. Your success will impact the future of work by identifying and recruiting talented professionals responsible for building and running high-impact functions allowing companies to engage with the best talent all over the world.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the United States. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
Partnering with colleagues on the Recruiting team and organizational stakeholders, you will be responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies designed to identify top professionals and creating a stable pipeline of high-caliber talent. This strategy will involve sourcing, referral generation, and providing an exceptional candidate experience. You will build and expand your global network of professional talent. You will work the Senior Executive Recruiter and his team while having significant autonomy to drive hiring results that match the Toptal culture. Working alongside a team of passionate and skilled professional recruiters, your sourcing and recruiting skills will up-level as you strive to master the art and science of hiring. You will work remotely in an entirely distributed company and help define the trajectory of the company through your results.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Attend a virtual onboarding bootcamp to learn the Toptal approach.
- Integrate into the Core Recruiting team through the attendance of weekly meetings.
- Dive into Lever and understand the full functionality of our tools and systems.
- Review team recruiting playbooks and processes.
In the first month you will:
- Analyze the existing pipeline of talent for current openings.
- Assess what has and has not worked and start to develop your sourcing and recruiting strategy.
- Shadow the other recruiters’ calls to understand how they work and develop your own Toptal pitch.
- Source a variety of skilled professionals aligned with the active needs of the business across core business units.
In the first three months you will:
- Develop messaging for passive candidates that result in high rates of response and engagement.
- Succeed in identifying talent hired by the business. The target will be eight.
- Begin conducting candidate screens for open positions and guide them through the recruitment process.
- Participate in the opening of new roles, involving yourself in intake meetings and establishing working relationships with key stakeholders across the organization.
In the first six months you will:
- Develop pipelines of highly skilled professionals for recurring team openings.
- Advance candidates who you have identified and interviewed through the offer stages.
- Fully understand the Toptal culture and act as a brand ambassador.
In the first year you will:
- Own the entire recruitment lifecycle from start to finish.
- Become a solid contributor to the organizational hiring goals.
- Be viewed as a business partner by your hiring managers and team.
- You find candidates; you don’t wait for them to come to you.
- You are experienced with sourcing effectively without leading with the name of an established brand.
- At least 2 years of experience sourcing or recruiting skilled professionals nationwide with a search firm or in-house recruiting team.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of sourcing tools (LinkedIn Recruiter, boolean search strings, etc.)
- Experience crafting engaging and personalized messaging to candidates with high response rates resulting in initial discussions, whether with yourself or a senior recruiter.
- Experience with conducting qualifying candidate screens, evaluating skills, and discussing compensation expectations is preferred. You know when you are speaking with an exceptional candidate.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- You must work well with individuals across all functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI