Revenue Operations Specialist
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Revenue Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for …
Strong communication skills and active listening will quickly earn you the reputation of a true Toptal Ambassador. Successful leaders at Toptal have a keen attention to detail, are driven, and have an ability to critically think through problems, all while inspiring their team. Are you up for the challenge?
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the United States. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
In this cross-functional role, the Revenue Operations Specialist will work closely with the Revenue Operations Manager to drive efficiencies across the channel by uncovering opportunities, prioritizing requirements, documenting and refining processes, leveraging data to validate opportunity gains, and project managing initiatives to a successful close. You will have the opportunity to own and enhance a client-facing program for the Revenue team, playing a pivotal role in the team’s success.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Work with the Sales Operations and Enablement team to begin understanding Toptal’s onboarding processes.
In the first month, expect to:
- Learn the true value of Toptal services by completing onboarding training, shadowing calls, and meeting with key stakeholders.
- Explore Toptal’s tools and resources to understand how they are currently used.
- Meet with your key stakeholders to understand business processes and future needs.
- Take ownership of your Revenue program.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Handle all requests from your key business stakeholder.
- Begin to identify areas for improvement.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Reflect on your observations, identifying where there are additional areas for improvement and where we can increase efficiency for Revenue team members.
- Enhance existing processes, while implementing new ideas and initiatives.
- Own communication cross-functionally.
In the first year, expect to:
- Continue to strategize and implement new scalable improvements, matching Toptal’s rapid growth.
- Be viewed as a Toptal Ambassador and subject matter expert.
- 2-3 years of sales/revenue experience, with a focus on operations preferred.
- Strong process background with an ability to understand workflow and throughput in the operation.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan.
- Knowledge of advanced SQL queries preferred.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Salesloft experience preferred.
- Collaborative. Nothing we do is done in isolation. Your success depends on your ability to work with a team and cross-functionally.
- Proactive. Understand our shared mission, and be willing to put in the work required to drive us to that goal.
- Organized. The nature of this role requires that you understand multiple priorities, the timelines associated with each, and execute with operational efficiency being top of mind.
- Meticulous. Toptal is a very fast-paced environment, which requires outstanding attention to detail and an understanding of key priorities and initiatives.
- Coachable. This role requires the ability to synthesize feedback and put it into action.
- Executive Communicator. In our fully remote organization, strong communication is imperative. Excellent communication in all forms, across a wide variety of personality types, roles, and geographies - is paramount to success.
- Trusted Business Partner. You must be relationship-driven.
- Innovator: This role favors those experienced in successfully launching externally facing materials to sales teams.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously; you have a sense of humor and are comfortable with sarcasm. This position does sit on our Sales teams, after all.