Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold
You will be a first point of contact for Toptal clients and talent on any and all issues that may arise, and will be responsible for maintaining the company’s commitment to world-class client experience, solving problems quickly and calling in appropriate parties as necessary.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work closely with the Head of Client Experience and the client experience team to ensure the experience of Toptal clients and talent is world-class and completely smooth throughout all phases of engagements.
- Take inquiries via Toptal’s phone lines and other written communication channels including chat and e-mail to address all questions and problems accurately and rapidly.
- Track, analyze, and report on customer service metrics.
- Identify areas for improvement in Toptal’s client experience policies and brainstorm innovative solutions with an eye for long-term efficacy.
- Communicate effectively with clients and address issues rapidly and fully, either on your own or by pulling in other relevant parties and seeing the problem through to its full resolution.
- Work closely with the accounting and HR departments to identify the roots of potential problems and develop solutions that are sustainable and effective.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Zoom.
- A strong history of successful customer service and technical support experience, preferably in a team setting.
- To excel at this position, you must be energetic and proactive.
- You must be able to work without much supervision and manage your time and resources efficiently.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility in preferred working hours is a big plus.
- Knowledge in the software development field and basic experience with accounting are both strongly preferred.
- An extensive history of successful customer service over a variety of communication channels. Experience over phone and email is a must. Experience over chat is a plus.
- An understanding of HR and billing best practices, and a strong ability to integrate that understanding into customer service policies.
- An excellent ability to quickly understand Toptal’s organizational structure and internal processes, and a knack for being able to quickly determine who relevant parties for a particular issue might be.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Sarah is a client services professional who is passionate about creating results-driven, scalable processes to promote exemplary client experiences. With a degree in Communications from Boston College, she has more than 10 years of experience in the customer service sector; 20, if you count hospitality (she does). Prior to Toptal, she was the Director of Client Success at Software Advice, a Gartner company. She lives, works, and eats a lot of tacos in Austin, Texas.