Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-shelf engineering and design talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
You will be a first point of contact for Toptal clients and talent on any and all issues that may arise, and will be responsible for maintaining the company’s commitment to world-class client experience, solving problems quickly and calling in appropriate parties as necessary.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work closely with the Head of Client Experience and the client experience team to ensure the experience of Toptal clients and talent is world-class and completely smooth throughout all phases of engagements.
- Take inquiries via Toptal’s phone lines and other written communication channels including chat and e-mail to address all questions and problems accurately and rapidly.
- Track, analyze, and report on customer service metrics.
- Identify areas for improvement in Toptal’s client experience policies and brainstorm innovative solutions with an eye for long-term efficacy.
- Communicate effectively with clients and address issues rapidly and fully, either on your own or by pulling in other relevant parties and seeing the problem through to its full resolution.
- Work closely with the accounting and HR departments to identify the roots of potential problems and develop solutions that are sustainable and effective.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Skype.
- A strong history of successful customer service and technical support experience, preferably in a team setting.
- To excel at this position, you must be energetic and proactive.
- You must be able to work without much supervision and manage your time and resources efficiently.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility in preferred working hours is a big plus.
- Knowledge in the software development field and basic experience with accounting are both strongly preferred.
- An extensive history of successful customer service over a variety of communication channels. Experience over phone and email is a must. Experience over chat is a plus.
- An understanding of HR and billing best practices, and a strong ability to integrate that understanding into customer service policies.
- An excellent ability to quickly understand Toptal’s organizational structure and internal processes, and a knack for being able to quickly determine who relevant parties for a particular issue might be.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.