Technical Account Manager
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
You will closely be involved with several other teams such as Sales, Client Experience, and Talent Acquisition to grow Toptal’s Developer network. Interacting every day with engineers in Toptal’s Talent Network, you will be responsible for maintaining the network’s integrity and quality while also helping talent from every corner of the world find their dream job. Being central to Toptal’s operations you will also be the owner of feedback for product development and operational processes around the entire Talent Operations function.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
As a Technical Account Manager, you are the direct link between the Top 3% developers that pass our screening process and the clients that are looking to engage them. Daily, you will work with multiple Toptal clients on understanding their requirements and needs and finding the best possible candidate for them inside Toptal’s talent network. You will also ensure talent and clients are working together efficiently.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Familiarize yourself with the team’s tools, processes, and reporting mechanisms.
- Become proficient with Toptal’s platform.
In the first month, expect to:
- Tackle your first clients and lead their engagement with Toptal!
- Become familiar with various teams in Toptal and understand how they contribute to the company’s success.
- Work closely with the talent and address their needs.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Build a mature client portfolio.
- Resolve any client-talent disputes which may arise in your client portfolio.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Become eligible to service Toptal’s major accounts, including premier brands and clients.
- With a full grasp of the role, you will start making your own minor process adjustments!
- Technical. You have a software development background.
- Communication. You are very comfortable using different types of communication (voice, video, email, chat) daily. You are a strong communicator.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for the work you do.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- Multitasking. You are comfortable balancing dozens of clients and talent and don’t get your wires crossed.
- Critical thinking. You think strategically to connect the dots between opportunities and available resources/capabilities across the network.
- Integrity, at the highest level. You exercise good judgment in novel situations.
- Resilience. You have a growth attitude and be very comfortable giving and taking direct feedback and constructive criticism. You are an outstanding performer in fast paced situations.
- EQ. You must have tremendous emotional intelligence, including outstanding foresight and judgment.
- Attention to detail. You take note of the smallest details.
- Problem solving. You are very creative, capable of solving difficult, critical problems by using the extensive resources of the Toptal organization.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.