Many American businesses have been forced to close or drastically cut back operations due to an unprecedented pandemic affecting the entire globe. Thankfully, the government, communities, and even private business have stepped up.
LendEDU, a Y Combinator-backed startup, spent more than $50,000 on its outsourced finance department to create professional monthly financial statements. There was just one problem—they couldn’t trust the numbers.
Budgeting can be a drawn-out process, yet oftentimes once the year starts and results diverge, they become forgotten. Instead of budgeting just with qualitative methods, managers should combine them with quantitative tools. Comparing regressed historic trends with future expectations can be more accurate and ultimately ensure the budget survives the year.
For a business manager, choosing what to invest in should not be an exercise of instinct. With capital budgeting methods, managers can appraise various projects simultaneously, with the end result indicating which one will have the highest impact on company value.
Technical debt, which relates to suboptimal technology infrastructure in an organization, can actually be a huge financial burden on a business. However, like traditional financial debt, there are steps and processes that can be taken to manage and mitigate the risk. In this article, we elaborate on how CFOs can tackle their technical debt burden.
World-class articles, delivered weekly.
Toptal Finance Experts
- Blockchain Consultants
- Business Management Consultants
- Business Plan Consultants
- Business Process Optimization Consultants
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- Cost Transformation Consultants
- Economic Development Consultants
- Equity Research Analysts
- Excel Experts
- Financial Benchmarking Consultants
- Financial Forecasting Experts
- Financial Modeling Consultants
- Financial Writers
- Fintech Consultants
- FP&A Managers
- Fractional CFOs
- Fundraising Consultants
- FX Consultants
- Growth Strategy Consultants
- Integrated Business Planning Consultants
- Interim CFOs
- Investment Managers
- Investment Thesis Consultants
- Investor Relations Consultants
- M&A Consultants
- Market Sizing Experts
- Pitch Deck Consultants
- Private Equity Consultants
- Procurement Consultants
- Profitability Analysis Experts
- Real Estate Experts
- Restructuring Consultants
- Risk Management Consultants
- Small Business Consultants
- Supply Chain Management Consultants
- Valuation Specialists
- Venture Capital Consultants
- Virtual CFOs
- Xero Experts
- View More Freelance Finance Experts