Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers, designers, and finance experts all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for companies requiring top-shelf talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
As a Business Talent Sourcer at Toptal, you will be responsible for driving the strategic growth of Toptal’s rapidly expanding community of business talent. You will be working closely with Toptal’s Sourcing Team and the Lead Director of Toptal Business to specialize and refine Toptal’s sourcing strategy for top finance, marketing, operations, and strategy experts. You will be the primary person responsible for understanding the quality bar that must be met for entry into Toptal’s community and ensuring that all prospective business talent joining Toptal are going to be extremely successful on engagements with clients and as members of the community.
This is a remote, full-time position that can be done from anywhere.
- Develop and tune a rigorous sourcing strategy designed to identify top finance, marketing, strategy, and operations experts.
- Work with Toptal’s Sourcing Team Lead to grow sourcing operations and build the necessary playbooks and KPIs needed to seamlessly operate a complex process at scale.
- Identify, reach out, and attract relevant professionals to drive the strategic growth of Toptal’s business talent community.
- Work closely with the Director of Business Talent and Director of Finance to understand talent network growth needs and report results.
- Identify leading figures in the business consulting world and collaborate with them to strengthen Toptal’s network of consultants.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype, Slack, email, phone, etc.
- Thorough understanding of business organizational structures, reputations, and terminology.
- Flawless grasp of the English language.
- Strong professional background in sourcing or recruitment of business talent is preferred.
- A business degree and/or experience in the recruiting of business talent is preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- You must have an unparalleled eye for talent and a strong understanding of the differences in knowledge and expertise between business experts at the tops of their fields and everyone else.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with individuals across all functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor first and foremost to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Roman joined Toptal in 2011, bringing in a decade of experience working for various international start-ups and companies. His desire to explore the world while working in multicultiral environments made him fall in love with the Toptal lifestyle and kick off Toptal's first developer community. Today, he is in charge of sourcing and talent partnerships, while also leading the Croatian community of more than 100 Toptal developers.
- Raj completed joint Bachelor's and Master's degrees from Oxford in Physics, before ditching oscilloscopes for PowerPoint and getting an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. He has spent most of his career in consulting at Marakon, focusing on Corporate Strategy and New Market Entry for Fortune 500 Companies. Most recently, Raj launched Skillbridge, a platform that matches top-tier freelance consultants with companies. Raj has also worked for social impact startups in Kenya with Technoserve.