Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As a Business Talent Sourcer at Toptal, you will be responsible for driving the strategic growth of Toptal’s rapidly expanding community of business talent. You will be working closely with Toptal’s Sourcing Team and the Lead Director of Toptal Business to specialize and refine Toptal’s sourcing strategy for top finance, marketing, operations, and strategy experts. You will be the primary person responsible for understanding the quality bar that must be met for entry into Toptal’s community and ensuring that all prospective business talent joining Toptal are going to be extremely successful on engagements with clients and as members of the community.
This is a remote, full-time position that can be done from anywhere.
- Develop and tune a rigorous sourcing strategy designed to identify top finance, marketing, strategy, and operations experts.
- Work with Toptal’s Sourcing Team Lead to grow sourcing operations and build the necessary playbooks and KPIs needed to seamlessly operate a complex process at scale.
- Identify, reach out, and attract relevant professionals to drive the strategic growth of Toptal’s business talent community.
- Work closely with the Director of Business Talent and Director of Finance to understand talent network growth needs and report results.
- Identify leading figures in the business consulting world and collaborate with them to strengthen Toptal’s network of consultants.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype, Slack, email, phone, etc.
- Thorough understanding of business organizational structures, reputations, and terminology.
- Flawless grasp of the English language.
- Strong professional background in sourcing or recruitment of business talent is preferred.
- A business degree and/or experience in the recruiting of business talent is preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- You must have an unparalleled eye for talent and a strong understanding of the differences in knowledge and expertise between business experts at the tops of their fields and everyone else.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with individuals across all functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor first and foremost to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Roman joined Toptal in 2011, bringing in a decade of experience working for various international start-ups and companies. His desire to explore the world while working in multicultiral environments made him fall in love with the Toptal lifestyle and kick off Toptal's first developer community. Today, he is in charge of sourcing and talent partnerships, while also leading the Croatian community of more than 100 Toptal developers.
- Raj completed joint Bachelor's and Master's degrees from Oxford in Physics, before ditching oscilloscopes for PowerPoint and getting an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. He has spent most of his career in consulting at Marakon, focusing on Corporate Strategy and New Market Entry for Fortune 500 Companies. Most recently, Raj launched Skillbridge, a platform that matches top-tier freelance consultants with companies. Raj has also worked for social impact startups in Kenya with Technoserve.