Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-shelf engineering and design talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
Since our recent expansion into the enterprise space, some of the largest companies in the world have started working with Toptal. As a Client Partner, you will be building on Toptal’s impressive early successes in this area as the company continues to rapidly scale. You will take ownership of expansion within defined geographic regions and/or vertically assigned industries. You will work closely with the executive team and other sales teams to identify high-value clients, develop the tactics needed to bring them to fruition, and lead the teams needed to grow these relationships, deliver value to our clients and drive sales. This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in North America, but travel to work with and build relationships with key customers is required.
- Build a portfolio of growing, referenceable enterprise clients by orchestrating the delivery of successful project and business outcomes for our customers.
- Be the face and voice of Toptal to our customers.
- Build, maintain, and grow relationships with executives and decision makers from the clients in your portfolio.
- Set aggressive sales goals for your teams and take full ownership for leading the teams to meet those goals.
- 5+ years of proven success in enterprise account management, with relationships ranging from director-level to C-level contacts.
- A track record of delivering successful outcomes including project success, account expansion, account renewal, and customer references.
- Comfort with enterprise buying patterns, including preferred vendor lists and negotiating complex MSAs.
- Extensive experience selling and carrying responsibility for large programs of work. In particular, experience with service agreements requiring >20 team members is a big plus.
- Sufficient technology and design savvy to build trusted relationships with practitioners, from both our customers and our talent.
- Comfort working with a highly-distributed and always-on global team.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Breanden has been an engineer, founder, CTO, and consultant in industries ranging from aerospace to financial services to high tech. He has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University, where he was previously asked to speak at TEDxPrincetonU, giving a talk on time optimization and resource management. As a Toptal co-founder, Breanden frequently writes about scaling a hyper-growth and distributed company, and he has been featured on the blog of Tim Ferriss, The Huffington Post, and many others. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, developers, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales.
- With experience as a lead engineer at Fotolog (acquired by Hi-Media for $100m) and Slide (acquired by Google for $228m), as well as experience with his own start-ups, Taso brings top engineering knowledge and management experience to Toptal. While running a small engineering consulting firm, Taso recognized that while many of his co-workers overseas were just as good as his friends and colleagues at Google, Facebook, and other companies with distinguished engineering talent, it was simply very difficult for such companies to connect with the right engineers remotely. Toptal was thus created as a solution to the sky-rocketing demand for top engineers in Silicon Valley, the US, and Europe despite the shrinking local graduation rates of such engineers. Taso was recently selected by Forbes as one of its 30 under 30 in Enterprise Technology.