Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering and design talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
Toptal’s network has grown incredibly quickly, and we now have Toptalers working in over one hundred countries. The work you’ll be doing as part of our Technical English Screening Team is critical to ensuring that as we scale, we continue to make sure every Toptaler has excellent English language skills. You will assess the English language and technical proficiency of developers joining our freelancer network. To excel in this position, you must have a solid understanding of software technology, superb communication skills, and fluency in the English language.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Screening resumes and applications.
- Conducting phone screens and reference checks.
- Evaluating English language proficiency.
- Classifying developers based on their knowledge and skills.
- Attending team member meetings and trainings.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype.
- Excellent English language ability (written and oral).
- Outstanding phone etiquette.
- Ability to evaluate English language ability as well as other skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours in an unstructured environment.
- Previous experience either teaching English or working for a multinational company preferred.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Anna is a community leader and team assistant at Toptal with a get-it-done mindset. She used to work at multinational companies such as MARS and PricewaterhouseCoopers, but found her true calling when she started freelancing for Toptal. She is crazy about the IT culture, knows some HTML/CSS, and is on her way to learning Ruby on Rails.
- Arijana is an enthusiastic communicator who's excited about working with different people. In addition to her work at Toptal, she has experience working remotely as an ESL teacher, in interlinguistic mediation in a local company, and as a volunteer tutor and counselor at her local orphanage.