Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
Toptal’s network has grown incredibly quickly, and we now have Toptalers working in over one hundred countries. The work you’ll be doing as part of our Technical English Screening Team is critical to ensuring that as we scale, we continue to make sure every Toptaler has excellent English language skills. You will assess the English language and technical proficiency of developers joining our freelancer network. To excel in this position, you must have a solid understanding of software technology, superb communication skills, and fluency in the English language.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Screening resumes and applications.
- Conducting phone screens and reference checks.
- Evaluating English language proficiency.
- Classifying developers based on their knowledge and skills.
- Attending team member meetings and trainings.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype.
- Excellent English language ability (written and oral).
- Outstanding phone etiquette.
- Ability to evaluate English language ability as well as other skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours in an unstructured environment.
- Previous experience either teaching English or working for a multinational company preferred.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Arijana is an enthusiastic communicator who's excited about working with different people. In addition to her work at Toptal, she has experience working remotely as an ESL teacher, in interlinguistic mediation in a local company, and as a volunteer tutor and counselor at her local orphanage.