Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As a community, the Toptal network places a great deal of emphasis on mentorship, professional development, and free exchange of knowledge and expertise. As Toptal’s Community Marketing Manager, you will lead major initiatives designed to support Toptalers. You will work with the Community Team and team leads across the company to structure high-impact, large-scale open source community initiatives, and will be relied on heavily as the company’s expert in marketing asset generation and curation from these initiatives. You will be the primary manager of all digital photo, video, and written assets for Toptal’s Community events, sponsorships, and initiatives.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
As the Community Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for reporting on key wins and challenges from various community projects and initiatives for marketing and blog posts. You will also be responsible for creating and distributing Community newsletters on a bi-weekly basis including copywriting, editing, and design requests. You will be working with teams across the company to lead and manage partnerships with organizations for cross promotions that add value to the Toptal Community.
While maintaining and growing Toptal’s network of contacts in the technology and open source space, you will stay up-to-date with developments in the Toptal Community initiatives and bridge communication between Toptal’s various internal functions to maximize exposure and reach. The Community Marketing Manager is responsible for representing Toptal at interviews with media outlets and organizations.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of key stakeholders.
In the first month you will:
- Own the Community Newsletter process and seamlessly coordinate the editorial calendar with a number of contributing sources.
- Identify marketing asset sources and create digital asset management systems to collect, analyze, and share with social media coordinators.
In the first three months you will:
- Work seamlessly with Community, Marketing, and Growth teams to have a steady pipeline of digital assets for social media, publications, advertisements, and podcast initiatives.
In the first six months you will:
- Identify outreach opportunities and ensure communication with key contacts happens successfully.
- Know the ins and outs of the Toptal Community and begin to leverage Community assets in all Toptal functions.
In the first year you will:
- Ensure all opportunities are handed off seamlessly to relevant stakeholders and follow through is completed.
- Make it happen. You will be a primary force in driving and shaping new avenues of opportunity for all aspects of the Community philanthropic function at Toptal.
- You must have experience curating, refining, and implementing marketing assets including photo, video, audio, and written assets.
- You must have copywriting experience with a strong attention to detail. Experience in technical writing and contributing to publications is a strong asset.
- Strong project management experience with exceptional organizational skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- Strong public speaking skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly to a large audience.
- You must be a creative, engaging communicator with a keen understanding of how to foster value-providing discussions and initiatives within a community.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of drive and innovation.
- You must have a strong commitment to initiatives that further open sharing of knowledge, expertise, and mentorship.
- You must have a strategic mindset and the ability to thoroughly research opportunities and prioritize them based on impact.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Eryn is a well-seasoned team lead with extensive experience building and implementing successful marketing and launch campaigns for a number of large technology brands. At Toptal, Eryn leads the Community Team which helps tie together initiatives from many areas such as growth, sourcing, marketing, sales, and matching. Eryn is a true digital nomad and has worked and traveled in over 25 countries and is also a Remote Year alumni.