Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
As Toptal’s Content Strategist, you will be responsible for leading Toptal’s brand content strategy across all Toptal products, include the Toptal site, platform, and more. You will be connecting creative and business strategies to ensure that all Toptal copy is compelling, highly engaging, and reflects clear thinking and analysis that draws readers in and induces action. You will work with a high-energy team of product managers, UX and UI designers, engineers, and growth experts to grow the Toptal site and strategically build and tell Toptal’s narrative to its rapidly growing audience.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Define and execute the creative strategy of Toptal content across a variety of campaigns and products, including the Toptal site, platform, and more.
- Assess components of the Toptal story and strategically build content campaigns to grow the Toptal brand.
- Elevate the quality of all Toptal communications, ensuring that all copy is backed by data, conveys clarity of thought, and is compelling and action-inducing for an intelligent, driven audience.
- Write, edit, and test all copy on all landing pages on Toptal.com, marketing materials, and the Toptal platform.
- Define and apply copy standards across the Toptal site, ensuring that all visitors have a clear, consistent, and compelling experience.
- Work closely with teams of product managers and designers to devise and implement the strategy for how Toptal communicates and organizes its value propositions and story.
- Contribute copy to the development of clear and concise product specs.
- Research Toptal’s audience and develop user personas to guide the team’s copy and communications decisions.
- Provide rapid feedback and copy editing to product managers and the design team.
- Identify UX and copy problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- 2+ years of experience as a Content Strategist with a proven record of working on successful content campaigns for global brands.
- A strong creative mind and the ability to connect business strategies to creative content campaigns.
- Experience working with an in-house product team, including working with UX/UI designers, information architecture, responsive design, and SEO considerations.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and build copy flows for complete user experiences that meet stakeholder needs and vision.
- Exceptional clarity of thought in communication and analysis, and the ability to explain complex user experiences in simple terms.
- A strong knack for communications strategy and an eye for the long-term scalability of copy decisions.
- Exceptional creativity and the ability to visualize strategic product solutions and bring them to life with copy.
- You must be a relentless, creative problem solver who is unwilling to compromise on the clarity and impact of copy.
- You must have a strong understanding of the components of compelling, action-inducing communications.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You must be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Breanden has been an engineer, founder, CTO, and consultant in industries ranging from aerospace to financial services to high tech. He has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University, where he was previously asked to speak at TEDxPrincetonU, giving a talk on time optimization and resource management. As a Toptal co-founder, Breanden frequently writes about scaling a hyper-growth and distributed company, and he has been featured on the blog of Tim Ferriss, The Huffington Post, and many others. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, developers, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales.
- Hector has led product organizations at companies of all sizes, from 20-person startups to 100K+ employee corporations, spearheading the development of new company-defining products from concept to launch as well as significantly growing existing products. He has an Electrical Engineering & Computer Science degree from UC Berkeley and began his career in engineering roles at Cisco and Veraz Networks before transitioning into lead product positions at Wyse Technologies, Dell, Loggly, and now Toptal.
- Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University, where he was the President of the Engineering Honor Society. At Toptal, Dror helps teams across the company scale through improved execution frameworks, analytics, and hiring practices, ensuring that team operating models evolve to support Toptal’s rapid growth. Dror also spends most of his time traveling, frequently visiting Toptalers and Toptal communities around the world.