Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a Content Writer to join our Content Strategy team. This person will be a versatile writer responsible for developing the content strategy and copy for content marketing initiatives, product and platform copy, email marketing, and more.
You will have experience researching and writing about complex issues and developing content that informs, builds awareness, and solves problems. In addition, you’ll work cross-functionally with our enterprise, SMB, and talent teams to produce content that helps them achieve their sales and talent recruiting goals.
In this role, you will work with marketing managers, product managers, designers, and engineers to strategically communicate and guide Toptal’s narrative and to drive action.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Elevate the quality of B2B product copy, making sure it is backed by data, conveys clarity of thought, and is compelling and action-inducing for an intelligent, driven audience.
- Research, develop, and write compelling content marketing pieces – e-books, white papers, etc. – that have a point of view, inform our audiences, build awareness, and drive leads.
- Write, edit, and test copy on our site, platforms and portals.
- Contribute copy to the development of clear and concise product specs and apply product copy standards to ensure a consistent experience.
- Write and review email copy to engage our core audiences and encourage them to take action.
- Adhere to Toptal’s editorial style guide.
- Collaborate with other team members and partners.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet the other members of your team and integrate yourself into the brand marketing function.
- Immerse yourself in your first content projects.
In the first month, expect to:
- Meet other teams across Toptal that you’ll work with.
- Complete several content projects and get a better feel for the type of work you’ll be doing.
- Clarify and pressure-test different processes and workflows you’ll use when collaborating with other functions.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Become fully integrated into Toptal.
- Have finished several initiatives that you’ll be proud of.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Strategize how to scale the work you do as Toptal grows.
- Have published new and exciting content pieces.
- 5 years of experience in a marketing or product content writing position.
- A strong creative mind and a consistent track record of connecting content strategies to business objectives.
- Ability to think about and write B2B content focused on nuanced technical concepts relevant to development, design, and finance. Technical writing experience is a plus.
- Experience working with in-house design and product teams.
- Ability to work with partners to understand detailed requirements and build copy flows for complete user experiences that meet stakeholder needs and vision.
- Outstanding clarity of thought in communication and analysis, and the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- A strong knack for communications strategy and an eye for the long-term scalability of copy decisions.
- Ability to visualize strategic solutions and bring them to life with copy.
- You must be a relentless, creative problem solver who is unwilling to compromise on the clarity and impact of copy.
- Strong understanding of the components of compelling, action-inducing communications.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills and perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.