Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Copy Editor on Toptal’s Publications Team, you’ll be responsible for working closely with the team to ensure the quality of Toptal’s world-class publications across development, design, finance, project management, and more.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
You’ll be responsible for reviewing all articles published on the Toptal blog, with a keen eye for grammatical, spelling, and syntax errors. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring technical consistency across the blog, not limited to visual formatting and troubleshooting HTML/CSS errors﹣creating a cohesive and complete experience for the reader. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for the conversion of each article to our platform’s markup language, via a series of automated tools and manual review.
Your work will be instrumental in creating a feedback loop for process improvement and ensure quality from the ground up.
In the first week you will:
- Learn about Toptal’s Publications team and its purpose/impact at the company.
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the existing copy editors to learn a suite of resources available to you.
In the first month you will:
- Become fully trained on how to effectively copy edit articles across domains.
- Become accustomed to Toptal’s article uploading processes.
- Become fully integrate into the Publications team.
In the first three months you will:
- Isolate opportunities for improvement and work with the team to develop more streamlined copy-editing processes.
In the first year you will:
- Potentially grow a small team of copy editors.
- You must have prior experience with copy-editing and markup languages.
- You must be a self-starter. You will be coordinating with multiple partners across the team, but you’re expected to self-organize and ensure adherence to deadlines.
- You should have an expert-level grasp of the English language, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the drive to consistently improve.
- The ability to adhere to tight deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #individualcontributorEurope #individualcontributorSA