Email Marketing Specialist
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Are you a full-funnel marketer looking for an opportunity to make a big impact through email and lifecycle marketing? As Toptal’s Email Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for executing and implementing marketing strategy and assisting in maintaining the organizational integrity of Toptal’s CRM and email marketing initiatives. We are looking for an individual who can work successfully with many different stakeholders to produce results.
This role requires a working knowledge of marketing automation strategies and tactics, as well as building and maintaining editorial calendars and producing high-quality campaign analyses.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Build and execute email delivery across Toptal’s Marketing and Revenue functions in accordance with best practices.
- Set up A/B tests on subject lines, creative, offers, etc., and report on results/learnings.
- Own CRM list management and audience segmentation across the organization.
- Build dashboards and generate reports on email campaigns that analyze results and provide opportunities for optimization.
- Update and manage email calendar.
- Work directly with CRM Marketing Lead to develop and build automation and testing strategies across departments.
- Identify gaps in email communications and identify opportunities for always-on initiatives.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet and work with the Senior Director of Integrated Marketing and Integrated Marketing Lead to understand our strategic marketing plans and aspirations.
- Understand the fundamentals of Toptal and what sets us apart.
- Start to meet with team members within the Integrated Marketing function (brand, talent, enterprise, and SMB).
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of the team and key stakeholders.
In the first month, expect to:
- Meet with other key partners within the organization (sales, analytics, talent operations, product, creative, etc.).
- Integrate yourself into the Integrated Marketing function team.
- Begin audit of existing CRM and email processes and calendar to start identifying gaps and opportunities.
- Support team on existing email programs, with an eye towards optimization and automation.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Own day-to-day management of email implementation, campaign reporting, and have a working knowledge of the organization’s editorial calendar
In the first six months, expect to:
- Be fully immersed and familiar with all Toptal processes and tools and establish ways of working for email and CRM.
- Execute multiple projects and initiatives independently and successfully.
In the first year, expect to:
- Work independently and cross-functionally to implement email and CRM initiatives and optimize marketing campaigns.
- Minimum of 3+ years of lifecycle marketing experience.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS for email development.
- Expertise in email marketing, list management, and analysis.
- Experience working with marketing automation tools, HubSpot preferred.
- Understanding of email compliance laws including CAN-SPAM, GDPR, etc.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal.