Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
As the Europe Community Lead, you will work with a high-energy team whose job is to grow the Toptal community and engage and support thousands of Toptal engineers and designers from around the world, with a focus on recruitment and engagement in Europe. You will work with dozens of local leaders to organize events and encourage learning, communication, and collaboration, accelerating the already thriving Toptal community. You will also focus on Toptal’s sponsorship initiatives on a global scale, working with the team to manage a large budget, determine which conference sponsorship opportunities are suitable for Toptal, and help Toptalers get placed as speakers at relevant conferences.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work with the community team to define and execute creative, geographically-focused recruitment initiatives by partnering with and supporting tech and entrepreneurship organizations in cities across Europe.
- Regularly travel to a variety of European cities to meet with conference organizers, plan and execute events, and build relationships with local tech communities.
- Maintain and grow Toptal’s strong network of contacts and partners in Europe.
- Lead global sponsorships at Toptal, including vetting incoming sponsorship requests and researching and reaching out to conferences that we’d like to be a part of.
- Devise and execute plans for each sponsorship to ensure that we maximize the positive impact it has on our community, including securing speaking slots for Toptalers, inviting relevant local partners, and capturing media collateral during the event.
- Lead the evolution of the Toptal Speakers Network, including vetting new applicants, organizing ongoing training sessions for speakers, and helping speakers achieve keynote slots at top conferences.
- Monitor, optimize, and report on community growth and engagement metrics, including identifying and prioritizing geographic areas that have a high potential for improvement.
- Contribute to weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Skype.
- You should be based in Europe, or be willing to regularly spend extended periods of time in Europe.
- To excel at this position, you must be energetic and proactive, with strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- Experience with large conferences in Europe, preferably in a speaking or organizational role.
- You must be an excellent leader with an exceptional ability to explain complex concepts clearly while dealing with multiple projects and priorities.
- You need to be comfortable with all aspects of global recruitment, and you must always be an outstanding Toptal ambassador, including frequent communication both with the Toptal community and with external sponsors.
- Ability to thoroughly research opportunities and prioritize them based on impact.
- Ability to analyze data and quickly identify and prioritize opportunities or areas of concern.
- While a technical background is not required, you must be excellent at using data and quantitative approaches for decision making.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University, where he was the President of the Engineering Honor Society. At Toptal, Dror helps teams across the company scale through improved execution frameworks, analytics, and hiring practices, ensuring that team operating models evolve to support Toptal’s rapid growth. Dror also spends most of his time traveling, frequently visiting Toptalers and Toptal communities around the world.