Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re reading this, we’d bet that you’re thinking like many of our Recruiting counterparts these days. In a market where Recruiters are (finally) valued the way our top candidates have been valued over the years, it probably makes sense to see what’s out there and make sure you’re in the best environment possible. We believe that the Toptal Recruiting function, recruiting for our fellow Toptal colleagues, could be that environment for you!
Our organization is in the midst of its most aggressive growth in our company history, our Recruiting team doubled in 2021 (and is clearly still growing), and we’re looking for a driven and entrepreneurial Executive Recruiter to ride this rocket ship with us. This position is the equivalent of a “cheat code” into visibility of Toptal’s operations at the highest levels; you will partner directly with our CEO on all of the high-impact searches we run for positions that report to him. You’ll identify the future leaders of this company who will further accelerate Toptal’s already unbelievable growth trajectory. Our entire Recruiting leadership team is homegrown, meaning each one of the leaders you’ll partner with have a successful track record of recruiting for our Executive stakeholders. Our aim is for our Executive Recruiter to eventually build out an Executive Recruiting team, so if people leadership is of interest to you, there is a clear path to that next step with our team.
Toptal is an organization where Recruiting has a seat at the table. We’re highly valued by our Executive Team and we’re given the tools and resources we need to be successful. On the Toptal Recruiting team, you’re not an order-taker; you’re a true business partner, collaborating with leadership teams on search strategies, and serving as the subject matter expert to help the interview teams hire as effectively and efficiently as possible. We let you work autonomously - providing the support when you need it, but giving you the gray space to bring your own styles and influences into the teams you support. This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best Recruiters on the planet, learning different approaches from all of the cultures and experiences our team brings to the table - there are more than ten countries represented in our Recruiting function alone! And while we’ve been fully remote since our inception in 2010, we prioritize our team relationship building. All of our team meetings are on Zoom video so you can really get to know each other, and we get together at an offsite annually so you can cement those relationships in person.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Work with our Executive leaders to fill our applicant pipeline with highly qualified candidates for all open Corporate Executive and Senior Leadership Team positions at Toptal.
- Partner directly with our CEO on Executive and other high-impact roles.
- Pro-actively source, identify and contact A-players who will thrive in Toptal leadership roles across the globe.
- Communicate extensively with candidates over a variety of channels, explaining open positions to them and continuously assessing whether they can add value to Toptal.
- Coordinate between key leaders to plan interview funnels that are in line with Toptal’s hiring standards and appropriate for the positions.
- Provide interviewers with extensive background information about each candidate.
- Support candidates through the team interview process as their main point of contact and stay in touch with interviewers to collect feedback and ensure the interview funnel is executed well.
- Along with your colleagues in the Corporate Recruiting function, take ownership of the quality of incoming applicants and new hires.
- Partner with counterparts on our People team to ensure a seamless onboarding process for each new hire.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Slack and Zoom.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Work with other Recruiters to establish a modus operandi.
- Independently study and learn the Toptal platform and product suite.
In the first month, expect to:
- Partner with the Director of Recruiting and Head of Corporate Recruiting to understand the quality parameters for Executive and Senior Leadership Team searches across various departments within Toptal.
- Start working with our Recruiting team to learn our infrastructure and familiarize yourself with tools, processes, critical metrics, reports, and dashboards.
- Begin aligning with our CEO and Executives to gather data insights and support them in their hiring decision-making process.
- Develop your own process for candidate pipeline management, identifying the easiest way to keep candidates engaged while being able to quickly pair pipeline candidates with current and future openings.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Develop key success metrics critical for evaluating recruiting success from a business and candidate perspective.
- Have a solid understanding of how the Toptal platform works.
- Rapidly learn about internal organization structure, culture, and hiring practices.
- Develop extensive knowledge regarding what it takes to thrive as a member of Toptal’s leadership teams.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Develop comprehensive candidate pipelines for the rapid future hiring of Executive and SLT team members.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in corporate recruitment. A mix of in-house and agency is preferred.
- 2+ experience as an Executive Recruiter, supporting C-Level, SVP, & other Executive hires is mandatory. Prior experience serving in this capacity in a rapidly-scaling tech company is highly preferred.
- You find candidates; you don’t wait for them to come to you.
- You are an experienced sourcer who can effectively engage top talent without leading with the name of an established brand.
- You know when you are speaking with an exceptional candidate.
- You extend offers knowing they will be accepted.
- Utilizing a meticulous attention to detail, you maintain your candidate funnels by prioritizing an excellent candidate experience. Your loops are always closed.
- You are a master storyteller and engage candidates with your energy and words.
- You are open to giving and receiving feedback and constantly want to improve.
- You are organized and prioritize your work by impact.
- You have strong opinions on what works in Recruiting and are willing to share them, but are also an excellent listener who consistently refines your approach.
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to accurately assess whether candidates would be able to perform and excel in a given position successfully in the long term as the company scales.
- A keen eye for the professional qualities needed to serve as an outstanding contributor on a large remote team.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills. Proven track record of handling your pipeline and rapidly recalling candidate information for current and future openings.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.