Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As Toptal continues its rapidly-scaling growth, we are always seeking high impact Executive and Senior Leadership candidates. As our Executive Recruiter, you will be responsible for identifying and recruiting the best and brightest minds around the globe to sit in key, strategic positions. Partnering with our CEO and Executive Team, you will have the unique opportunity to support the hiring for leadership roles that might be open or could be crafted based on someone’s impressive background that will continue to drive Toptal’s hyper-growth trajectory. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Recruiting, you will be responsible for the entire candidate lifecycle for these leadership hires by evaluating the candidate’s credentials, sharing the mission and vision of the organization, and acting as their advocate throughout the interview process. You will ensure that every new Toptal hire is elite and that the talent bar at the company remains at the highest level possible.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
- Work with our Executive leaders to fill the applicant pipeline with highly qualified candidates for all open Corporate Executive and Senior Leadership Team positions at Toptal.
- Pro-actively source, identify and contact A-players who will thrive in Toptal leadership roles across the globe.
- Communicate extensively with candidates over a variety of channels, explaining open positions to them and continuously assessing whether they can add value to Toptal.
- Coordinate between key leaders to plan interview funnels that are in line with Toptal’s hiring standards and appropriate for the positions.
- Provide interviewers with extensive background information about each candidate.
- Support candidates through the team interview process as their main point of contact and stay in touch with interviewers to collect feedback and ensure the interview funnel is executed well.
- Along with your colleagues in the Corporate Recruiting function, take ownership of the quality of incoming applicants and new hires.
- Partner with counterparts in the People team to ensure a seamless onboarding process for each new hire.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Slack and Zoom.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Work with other recruiters to establish a modus operandi.
- Independently study and learn the Toptal platform and product suite.
In the first month, expect to:
- Partner with your Head of Corporate Recruiting to understand the quality parameters for Executive and Senior Leadership Team searches across various departments within Toptal.
- Start working with our Recruiting team to learn our infrastructure and familiarize yourself with tools, processes, critical metrics, reports, and dashboards.
- Begin aligning with our CEO and Executives to gather data insights and support them in their hiring decision-making process.
- Develop your own process for candidate pipeline management, identifying the easiest way to keep candidates engaged while being able to quickly pair pipeline candidates with current and future openings.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Develop key success metrics critical for evaluating recruiting success from a business and candidate perspective.
- Have a solid understanding of how the Toptal platform works.
- Rapidly learn about internal organization structure, culture, and hiring practices.
- Develop extensive knowledge regarding what it takes to thrive as a member of Toptal’s leadership teams.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Develop comprehensive candidate pipelines for the rapid future hiring of Executive and SLT team members.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- 8+ years of demonstrated success in corporate recruitment. A mix of in-house and agency is preferred.
- 3+ experience as an Executive Recruiter, supporting C-Level, SVP, & other Executive hires is required. Prior experience serving in this capacity in a rapidly-scaling tech company is highly preferred.
- Extensive experience recruiting for a multitude of Executive level roles across various business units.
- Outstanding ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of conversations, both for active and future roles.
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with professionals at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of information on candidates from multiple sources.
- Ability to accurately assess whether candidates would be able to perform and excel in a given position successfully in the long term as the company scales.
- A keen eye for the professional qualities needed to serve as an outstanding contributor on a large remote team.
- A self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- You need to be comfortable with all aspects of global recruitment, and consistently be an outstanding brand ambassador.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.