Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering and design talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
You will be working with Toptal’s Growth Team, driving innovation and company growth at the intersection of business, technology, data, and marketing. You will be responsible for creating, driving, and managing high-impact growth initiatives in a variety of areas, including digital marketing, SEO, product, and more. You will work with a high-energy team of engineers, designers, copywriters, data scientists, and growth experts to envision, plan, test, scale, and optimize large-budget initiatives designed to reach companies looking to hire elite software engineers and designers.
While no specific prior technical experience is necessary, to excel at this position you must have an entrepreneurial mentality and a background in STEM, preferably in Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, or Physics. You must be highly motivated by the prospect of scaling a hyper-growth company while working with and learning from a team of engineers, growth experts, and entrepreneurs.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Learn new skills quickly and effectively through training and independent study, prioritizing by impact and applying an analytical, problem solving approach to everything.
- Create well-reasoned growth hypothesis and conceive, execute, and manage experiments to test those hypotheses.
- Work on initiatives that grow Toptal’s bottom line by moving the needle on a variety of levers in the AARRR funnel.
- Drive growth initiatives in a variety of areas, including SEO, SEM, landing page conversion optimization, viral loops, etc.
- Work with our Growth Team to rapidly learn new skills and expand your expertise in areas related to how to scale a rapidly growing company.
- Work with Toptal’s analytics tools to identify high-potential areas for growth, including Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Optimizely, and more.
- Become familiar with all sources of growth data and quickly pull, integrate, and analyze data as needed.
- Effectively use data and analytics to evolve and inform the direction of growth initiatives with extreme detail.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to the team on strategy.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype.
- You must have a strong, analytical background in a STEM field, preferably in Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, or Physics.
- You must be an extremely quick thinker with a record of rapid turnaround on projects.
- A strong interest in startup growth and optimization.
- Demonstrated analytical rigor. You must know how to quantitatively analyze and optimize marketing programs and growth initiatives.
- A lean, data-driven mentality and a strong bias for A/B testing and experimentation.
- A strong knack for coming up with well-reasoned ideas for how to acquire and retain new clients.
- Be eager to roll up your sleeves and dive in on challenging, complex problems with no clear solutions.
- A strong ability to rapidly learn new skills and an interest in learning about a variety of topics related to startup growth, including SEO, SEM, landing page conversion optimization, viral loops, data science, etc.
- Though this role will include a variety of training sessions for various skills, you must be a tremendous independent learner who is able to rapidly learn new skills with limited support or direction.
- You must have a strong bias towards action and a competitive, results-driven mentality. You must be extremely persistent by nature and unwilling to lose or leave problems unsolved.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Breanden has been an engineer, founder, CTO, and consultant in industries ranging from aerospace to financial services to high tech. He has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University, where he was previously asked to speak at TEDxPrincetonU, giving a talk on time optimization and resource management. As a Toptal co-founder, Breanden frequently writes about scaling a hyper-growth and distributed company, and he has been featured on the blog of Tim Ferriss, The Huffington Post, and many others. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, developers, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales.
- Alejandro is an engineer and entrepreneur. Previously, he founded and built Postcron, which was recently acquired. With a degree in Electronics Engineering from the Universidad Católica de Córdoba, Alejandro is an unmatched growth hacker who applies quantitative analysis and a ruthless drive to increasingly accelerate company growth. At Toptal, he strives to maintain quality while always increasing quantity.