Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
Creating beautiful content both for our website and for print is crucial to us, and we’re always looking for talented illustrators to help us reach the next level.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to work on a variety projects with a team of top designers, illustrators, and front-end experts from around the world. At Toptal, we push the boundaries of graphics and illustration every single day, and we’d love for you to help us take this even further.
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautiful illustrations for web and print that are polished and contribute seamlessly to user experience.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere; however, we do things like rent out hotels in Africa or mansions in Thailand, and you will certainly be invited to come work with us.
- Create and maintain clean, consistent, and beautiful illustrations.
- Work with various teams to create illustrations for the Toptal Engineering Blog, press releases, presentations, billboards, etc.
- Collaborate with the design team and give feedback to designers and fellow illustrators.
- Help to create and maintain Toptal branding.
- Be highly communicative and responsive while managing multiple ongoing projects.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Onboard and mentor new team members.
- You must have 2+ years of professional illustration experience.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch is a must. Experience with animations is preferred.
- You must have a strong record of making highly recognizable, clean illustrations.
- Be comfortable with a flexible and hard-working remote environment.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Breanden has been an engineer, founder, CTO, and consultant in industries ranging from aerospace to financial services to high tech. He has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University, where he was previously asked to speak at TEDxPrincetonU, giving a talk on time optimization and resource management. As a Toptal co-founder, Breanden frequently writes about scaling a hyper-growth and distributed company, and he has been featured on the blog of Tim Ferriss, The Huffington Post, and many others. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, developers, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales.
- With multiple degrees in Computer Science, Bozhidar is a hacker obsessed with Ruby, Clojure, and Emacs. He loves solving challenging problems and building neat stuff. He's a serial open source contributor, a frequent speaker at conferences, and an avid technical blogger. At Toptal, Bozhidar is dedicated to building a world-class development team and creating superb products for all Toptal clients, developers, and team members.
- Demir is a developer and project manager with over 15 years of professional experience in a wide range of software development roles. With a degree in Mathematics from the University of Sarajevo Faculty of Math and Science, he excels as a solo developer, team member, team leader, and manager of multiple distributed teams. At Toptal, Demir is in charge of the Toptal Engineering Blog as well as the extensive technical and hiring publications Toptal produces for the development community.