Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
Creating beautiful content both for our website and for print is crucial to us, and we’re always looking for talented illustrators to help us reach the next level.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to work on a variety projects with a team of top designers, illustrators, and front-end experts from around the world. At Toptal, we push the boundaries of graphics and illustration every single day, and we’d love for you to help us take this even further.
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautiful illustrations for web and print that are polished and contribute seamlessly to user experience.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere; however, we do things like rent out hotels in Africa or mansions in Thailand, and you will certainly be invited to come work with us.
- Create and maintain clean, consistent, and beautiful illustrations.
- Work with various teams to create illustrations for the Toptal Engineering Blog, press releases, presentations, billboards, etc.
- Collaborate with the design team and give feedback to designers and fellow illustrators.
- Help to create and maintain Toptal branding.
- Be highly communicative and responsive while managing multiple ongoing projects.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Onboard and mentor new team members.
- You must have 2+ years of professional illustration experience.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch is a must. Experience with animations is preferred.
- You must have a strong record of making highly recognizable, clean illustrations.
- Be comfortable with a flexible and hard-working remote environment.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's VP of Engineering, Bozhidar leads one of the world's largest fully distributed engineering organizations, ensuring the growth and quality of Toptal's technical operations, infrastructure, recruiting, and training in a 100% remote environment. Bozhidar is an avid open source contributor, and prior to joining Toptal, was a top 50 overall GitHub contributor and Ruby contributor, and the #1 Emacs package contributor. He is an Emacs core committer and the author of the top Ruby lint tool, the top Clojure IDE, and the Ruby, Rails, and Clojure style guides. Bozhidar is also a frequent conference speaker, technical author, and former CTO of a financial trading platform. Bozhidar has an MA in Computer Science from the Technical University of Sofia.
- As Toptal's co-founder and COO, Breanden drives Toptal's growth by building world-class teams and operational infrastructure spanning 40+ countries to meet the talent needs of Toptal's 10,000+ clients. As a frequent writer, Breanden has published articles on leadership of distributed teams and hypergrowth company culture. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, talent, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales. Breanden has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University.
- Demir is a developer and project manager with over 15 years of professional experience in a wide range of software development roles. With a degree in Mathematics from the University of Sarajevo Faculty of Math and Science, he excels as a solo developer, team member, team leader, and manager of multiple distributed teams. At Toptal, Demir is in charge of the Toptal Engineering Blog as well as the extensive technical and hiring publications Toptal produces for the development community.