Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold
Building a great platform is not possible without having a great infrastructure in place. All of our services are always up and running and this is ensured by the great infrastructure that backs all of them.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the continued maintenance, improvement, and evolution of Toptal’s infrastructure and the health of all of our applications. Some of your main activities will be deploying and scaling various services, building fault-tolerant application setups, monitoring server and application performance, troubleshooting issues, and ensuring the security and the robustness of our server infrastructure.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Deploy and scale Toptal products
- Maintain and improve our server infrastructure
- Ensure the security of our server infrastructure
- Monitor servers and applications
- Make strategic technical decisions related to the infrastructure (e.g. deployment and monitoring strategies, replication strategies, etc)
- Onboard and mentor new team members
- Experience deploying and scaling Python/Ruby and JVM applications
- Experience deploying and scaling PostgreSQL & Elasticsearch
- Solid understanding of GNU/Linux (Red Hat/CentOS experience would be considered an advantage)
- Experience with Google’s and Amazon’s cloud platforms
- Background in web/enterprise development
- Experience with monitoring tools like Zabbix, NewRelic, Rollbar, OpsGenie & friends
- Experience with provisioning tools like Ansible, Puppet and Chef (Ansible experience would be considered an advantage)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience setting up and maintaining complex Jenkins deployments (our test suites are huge)
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Be comfortable with iterative and incremental development.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
If you have experience working remotely, deploying and scaling a large product, managing a team, committing to open source, learning new technologies quickly, and supporting servers that never fail on you, please apply!
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's VP of Engineering, Bozhidar leads one of the world's largest fully distributed engineering organizations, ensuring the growth and quality of Toptal's technical operations, infrastructure, recruiting, and training in a 100% remote environment. Bozhidar is an avid open source contributor, and prior to joining Toptal, was a top 50 overall GitHub contributor and Ruby contributor, and the #1 Emacs package contributor. He is an Emacs core committer and the author of the top Ruby lint tool, the top Clojure IDE, and the Ruby, Rails, and Clojure style guides. Bozhidar is also a frequent conference speaker, technical author, and former CTO of a financial trading platform. Bozhidar has an MA in Computer Science from the Technical University of Sofia.