Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
Providing a great mobile user experience is crucial to us, and we are always looking for talented iOS developers to help us reach the next level.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to work on many of our projects as part of a team of top iOS experts from around the world. At Toptal, we push the boundaries of mobile technologies every single day, and we’d love for you to help us take this even further. We place a high emphasis both on pixel perfect designs and clean, highly performant logic implementations.
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises. In this position, you will be working closely with world-class designers and back-end developers to create beautiful iOS apps that are polished, fast, well-tested, and a joy to use.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. However, we do things like rent out hotels in Africa or mansions in Thailand, and you will certainly be invited to come work with us.
- Translate designs into code.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Identify UI problems and bugs and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionalities.
- Help maintain code quality.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Onboard and mentor new team members.
- You must have at least 3 years of professional iOS development experience.
- You must be up to date with all cutting edge iOS technologies.
- Extensive mastery of Objective-C and Swift is a must, including experience with Core Data, Core Animation, Foundation, and UIKit.
- Experience adopting layouts to different screen sizes.
- An excellent understanding of development and testing methodologies, object-oriented and protocol-oriented programming best practices, and automated software testing approaches.
- You must have a strong, successful record of developing iOS apps from scratch.
- Strong experience with mobile UX is a big plus.
- Be excited about collaborating daily with your team and other groups while working via a distributed model.
- Be comfortable with iterative and incremental development.
- Be eager to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving constructive feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- With multiple degrees in Computer Science, Bozhidar is a hacker obsessed with Ruby, Clojure, and Emacs. He loves solving challenging problems and building neat stuff. He's a serial open source contributor, a frequent speaker at conferences, and an avid technical blogger. At Toptal, Bozhidar is dedicated to building a world-class development team and creating superb products for all Toptal clients, developers, and team members.
- Hector has led product organizations at companies of all sizes, from 20-person startups to 100K+ employee corporations, spearheading the development of new company-defining products from concept to launch as well as significantly growing existing products. He has an Electrical Engineering & Computer Science degree from UC Berkeley and began his career in engineering roles at Cisco and Veraz Networks before transitioning into lead product positions at Wyse Technologies, Dell, Loggly, and now Toptal.
- As Toptal's CTO, Alexander is the technical leader of Toptal's 20+ core engineering teams, focusing on technical innovation across Toptal's state-of-the-art platform and associated products, including building a new programming language that powers Toptal's operational infrastructure and other architectural investments that are core to Toptal's ability to innovate. Alexander has an MA in Applied Mathematics and Physics from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology and has done further research in Computer-Human Interaction at the Institute of Control Sciences of the Russian Academy of Science.