Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
You will be the face of Toptal for our clients. You will be responsible for communicating with clients and defining requirements for their product ideas. You will ensure that all client projects run smoothly, assembling cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, and more, and working with them to deliver results on-time and on-budget. You will be responsible for managing expectations and keeping Toptal clients happy at all times.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Define requirements and work with relevant cross-functional teams to guarantee smooth, efficient implementation and delivery.
- Lead cross-functional project teams and manage work assignments.
- Define and refine project scope and work approach.
- Ensure that each project has clear goals and timelines.
- Provide project estimation and planning, including being responsible for scheduling, resourcing requirements, and budgeting.
- Perform overall project risk and issue management, and handle detailed tracking and mitigation planning.
- Manage project communications, providing formal and informal status updates both internally and externally.
- Support the analysis and planning of any future customized assessment work.
- Foster a project work environment that promotes productivity, innovation, and fairness.
- Collaborate with sales teams to maintain a large, steady pipeline of full stack development projects.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members on strategy.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype.
- A strong technical background and experience discussing any type of technical issue. Former software engineering experience is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of software product management experience in an agile environment, preferably with experience at software consulting companies.
- A deep understanding of agile software development best practices.
- Capacity to thoroughly understand the functional and technical aspects of complex systems.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to inspire confidence in engineering and executive teams to follow the recommended product direction.
- Proficient business and technical experience, with a strong talent for enabling productive communication between groups.
- Passion and proven talent for launching projects on-time, on-budget, and on-strategy.
- Ability to seamlessly handle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to proactively track progress of all project team members and keep everyone focused on the tasks at hand.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's co-founder and COO, Breanden drives Toptal's growth by building world-class teams and operational infrastructure spanning 40+ countries to meet the talent needs of Toptal's 10,000+ clients. As a frequent writer, Breanden has published articles on leadership of distributed teams and hypergrowth company culture. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, talent, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales. Breanden has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University.
- As Toptal's VP of Sales, Mark ensures Toptal's clients always enjoy on-demand, white-glove service for their talent needs. As a former Linux HPC engineer and technical sales lead, Mark takes an analytical, results-driven approach to building the sales teams, infrastructure, and processes necessary to both maintain quality, customized client relationships at scale and to ensure that new clients are seamlessly onboarded to the Toptal service. Mark has a BSE in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
- As Toptal’s co-founder and CEO, Taso manages Toptal’s core team of hundreds of team members distributed throughout the world, with a focus on innovation. Since Toptal was founded in 2010, Taso has led it to become the largest high-skilled labor marketplace in the world. Taso serves on the board of multiple organizations, advising on talent strategy and innovation for Fortune 100s and non-profits. Taso has guest lectured at Harvard Business School, Wharton, and Oxford on talent management and entrepreneurship.