Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As Toptal’s Media Relations Content Lead, you will be a world class storyteller. You will create appealing and original written and visual content in the spaces you instinctively understand are relevant to Toptal. Through the proactive identification of relevant internal data and stories that creatively support PR pitches and supporting content, your content creation will reflect our top 3% philosophy. You will coordinate with internal stakeholders to extract data and identify supporting information to be used to enhance your compelling stories.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will know the changing trends and relevant types of stories and content related to remote work, future of work, talent, employment, recruiting, and HR. You will proactively network to identify and map out who to develop strong relationships with to quickly obtain content supporting stories, data, and anecdotes. You will engage and captivate a professional, corporate audience with your writing style.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Work closely with your team to research media pitch ideas.
- Begin to identify supporting data and develop ready to publish content.
In the first month you will:
- Network and develop relationships with internal stakeholders to uncover case studies and identify relevant supporting data.
- Create and compile a database of findings to support content creation.
In the first three months you will:
- Have content creation in full motion, being fully responsible for developing original, creative, publish ready media content.
- Continuously leverage internal and external sources to enrich content.
In the first six months you will:
- Develop and implement a repeatable, routine process for obtaining new content supporting stories and data.
- Develop content for pitch ideas currently in the funnel while simultaneously and proactively turning content around for inbound press inquiries and newsjacking opportunities.
In the first year you will:
- Be seen as the expert. You will be fully responsible for providing content for all press and media pitches.
- Respond in a timely manner to all inbound requests with a display of high quality.
- Proactively provide input on media pitches and newsjacking opportunities.
- A strong creative mind with the ability to connect business data and stories to creative content.
- Extremely resourceful. You will be working across the organization to uncover supportive information.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for the quality of content creation.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You must be highly detail-oriented.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Experience in academic research and/or writing of some form from a top university is preferred.
- You must be a relentless, creative problem solver who is unwilling to compromise on the clarity and impact of content.
- You must have a strong understanding of the components of compelling, engaging content.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You must be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal.