Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
The Toptal Community currently hosts and sponsors many events and strategic initiatives across the world every day, ranging from exclusive technical conferences in Argentina, to panel chats in NYC, to happy hours in Croatia.
As the North America Community Lead, you will work with a high-energy team whose job is to grow the Toptal community and engage and support thousands of Toptal engineers, designers, and finance experts from around the world, with a focus on recruitment and engagement in North America. You will work with dozens of local leaders to organize events and encourage learning, communication, and collaboration, accelerating the already thriving Toptal community. You will also focus on Toptal’s sponsorship initiatives on a global scale, working with the team to manage a large budget, determine which conference sponsorship opportunities are suitable for Toptal, and help Toptalers become speakers at relevant conferences.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work with the community team to define and execute creative, geographically-focused recruitment initiatives by partnering with and supporting tech, design, finance, and entrepreneurship organizations in cities across North America.
- Regularly travel to a variety of North American cities to meet with conference organizers, plan and execute events, and build relationships with local tech communities.
- Maintain and grow Toptal’s strong network of contacts and partners in North America.
- Identify and coach local Community Leaders across North America to further the reach of Toptal events.
- Vetting incoming sponsorship requests and researching and reaching out to conferences that we’d like to be a part of.
- Devise and execute plans for each sponsorship to ensure that we maximize the positive impact it has on our community, including securing speaking slots for Toptalers, inviting relevant local partners, and capturing media collateral during the event.
- Lead high-impact Community Team initiatives for both developers and designers designed to engage the Toptal community in value-providing ways.
- Monitor, optimize, and report on community growth and engagement metrics, including identifying and prioritizing geographic areas that have a high potential for improvement.
- Contribute to weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Slack and Zoom.
- You should be based in the United States, or be willing to regularly spend extended periods of time in the United States.
- To excel at this position, you must be energetic and proactive, with strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- A technical background or deep roots in the USA tech startup scene is preferred.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- Experience with large tech-oriented events in North America, preferably in a speaking or organizational role.
- You must be an excellent leader with an exceptional ability to explain complex concepts clearly while dealing with multiple projects and priorities.
- You need to be comfortable with all aspects of global recruitment, and you must always be an outstanding Toptal ambassador, including frequent communication both with the Toptal community and with external sponsors.
- Ability to thoroughly research opportunities and prioritize them based on impact.
- Ability to analyze data and quickly identify and prioritize opportunities or areas of concern.
- You must be excellent at using data and quantitative approaches for decision making.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal’s Director of Operations, Dror works with teams across the company to build their strategic direction, execution frameworks, KPIs/analytics, and team structures, helping Toptal teams evolve to support and drive Toptal’s continued growth. Dror leverages in-depth experience working within a range of Toptal’s operational teams to ensure best practices are surfaced, adopted, and evolved across the company. Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University.
- Eryn is a well-seasoned team lead with extensive experience building and implementing successful marketing and launch campaigns for a number of large technology brands. At Toptal, Eryn leads the Community Team which helps tie together initiatives from many areas such as growth, sourcing, marketing, sales, and matching. Eryn is a true digital nomad and has worked and traveled in over 25 countries and is also a Remote Year alumni.