Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
The Toptal Community features thousands of the world’s top software engineers and designers spread across over 100 countries, most of whom collaborate with each other every single day in a remote capacity. As the Online Community Lead, you will work with a high-energy team to increase online engagement, address community needs through creative solutions, and continuously come up with new ways to deliver consistent value to the community via remote initiatives.
You will be responsible for working directly with Toptal Community Leaders, Community Moderators, and the entire global community to come up with and execute creative, high-impact initiatives that encourage learning, collaboration, and social interaction.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work directly with Toptal’s Community Leaders across the world to help them connect with each other remotely, engage and empower their local communities, and organize events.
- Lead the Toptal Community Moderators by helping them brainstorm new initiatives, providing feedback on their ongoing efforts, and making sure they have access to everything they might need.
- Organize focused initiatives for Toptal Community Leaders and Moderators, including exclusive retreats, online features, leadership seminars and social activities, specialized gear, and more.
- Lead the evolution of the Toptal Academy, a program designed to provide high-level educational and professional development resources to the Toptal community, including finding Professors and collaborating on course topics.
- Work with the community team to define and execute creative new online initiatives focused around social engagement, empowerment, and professional development.
- Monitor, optimize, and report on community growth and engagement metrics, including identifying trends and prioritizing areas that have a high potential for improvement.
- Contribute to weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Skype.
- You should have a strong background in software engineering or design, with broad knowledge across a variety of topics in the tech industry.
- You must be conversationally very sharp, with the ability to contribute to conversations across an extremely diverse set of subjects.
- Strong experience with online communities. Moderation experience is preferred.
- Experience as an educator or mentor is preferred.
- To excel at this position, you must be energetic and proactive, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- You must be a creative, engaging communicator with a keen understanding of how to foster value-providing discussions and initiatives within a community.
- You must be an excellent leader with an exceptional ability to explain complex concepts clearly while dealing with multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to thoroughly research opportunities and prioritize them based on impact.
- Ability to analyze data and quickly identify and prioritize opportunities or areas of concern.
- While a technical background is not required, you must be excellent at using data and quantitative approaches for decision making.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University, where he was the President of the Engineering Honor Society. At Toptal, Dror helps teams across the company scale through improved execution frameworks, analytics, and hiring practices, ensuring that team operating models evolve to support Toptal’s rapid growth. Dror also spends most of his time traveling, frequently visiting Toptalers and Toptal communities around the world.